Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone?
I got a Blue 2003 Yamaha R6 & i got the middle fairing switch to black.
SO basically i am trying to get color coordinated so Carbon fiber finish is the choice and high mounted.
I was looking into the : Devil SB2 or Shotgun, Mig carbon fiber high mount, and the Akra carbon fiber.

Any suggestions or inputs would help.

I am looking for a good tone or sound with some power gains.

I am fairly new with sportsbikes.

Mike

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jeffsy, I looked into the Akra first. And i saw the Devil exhaust and
just came to like it better. And since not alot of R6 riders here in the west coast US, (California) has the devils on. Especially the shotgun exhaust which is unique. The SB2 high mount looks good too.

Does Akra comes in high mounts? I noticed in their site that it only replaces the stock mount.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Met a guy in my area that has the SB2 Devil high mount. Looked very trick but LOUD as hell! If you like it, go for it! :mrgreen: I was just surprised at how loud it was.

·
Registered
531 Posts
No Akras don't come in high mounts. They're all about performance & a high mount has a slightly longer mid pipe & an extra bend which can slightly reduced HP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,
Noob here had the same question in my mind.
Found and article in the TWO magazine (Two Wheel Only) about several slip-ons tested in a 2002 R6. Really good ! :mrgreen:
Try to get a copy of the magazine if you want details, as there's too much info there to describe here ...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Post a copy of the article if you can.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I jusy got my Indigo carbon high mount and it looks and sounds sweet right before the mid pipe meets the can it baloons to 60mm pretty damn good power gain too pulls hard from 8000 on find it at www.indigosports.com but dont buy it from them get it from www.hammythecanman.com the guy has great prices and is super nice :boob :boob

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still shopping around for a carbon high mount exhaust...

Hey guys, still haven't decided. but i saw "03r6sbk" post and checked out Hammy's site and got a quote. cool site and gave me some pretty cheap carbon slip ons! And i even asked the guy "Brian" as to which sounds better. Basically he gave me 3 cans: Devil, Blue Flame & Indigo.
Anyone has these exhaust system, please let me know what you think of them. and maybe a picture would help too.
Now i am somewhat taking an interest on the Blue Flame carbon high mount. but just want to see what it looks like on a 03 blue R6.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
I was quoted $440 for the Devil SB2 Hi-Mount Carbon Can to my door. $25 more for the OVO Can. I love the sound and the look of the SB2.

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Wolf,
Can you post a link that shows the comparisons/test between the top
exhaust systems?
I never heard of the wolf systems before until this forum.
Do you guys have anything in carbon finish?

Thanks again
Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts