Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm taking a girl on a date tomorrow, and I need to know how to adjust the suspension so it's not bottoming out... She's probably about 140, and what do I need to do to the rear and junk... please hurry, need help fast!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!

-Solace

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
My wife is 125 or so, and she makes no impact on my rear suspension.
If anything, stiffen the spring up a little. Maybe 2 clicks with the little shock wrench. I really doubt you'll have any problems with her being on the bike.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
your NOT going to bottom out. i weight 215 and i've had girls on the back who weigh 115-130. No bottoming out. Don't sweat it, you'll be fine.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool... thanks... any other precautions I should know about. I've done it before but I've heard a lot of people say stuff about the suspension thing?

-Solace

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
the only other thing i would suggest is that you give her a helmet, make her wear shoes or boots, tell her what to do while on the bike (i think there's a thread on that in here), and make the ride pleasurabel for her. Just basic shit really.

Be safe, thats some old man's daughter your gonna have on the back and he'll kill you if anything happends to his little girl (not trying to scare you just tellin you how I was told by a girls dad)

Have fun and tell her we all said hi.....

·
Registered
36 Posts
You should definitely have no problem with bottoming out. I had a 2000 R6 that was lowered an inch and a half and had no problem bringing chicks for rides.

Good luck on your date.

·
Registered
409 Posts
ive had a friend on the back of mine who weighs 190 I way 160 and there was no problems at all but that wont happen again I dont like having guys on the back of my bike just chicks from now on he was just too heavy to ride around with comfortably luckily it was just down the block to his car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts