Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my R6 and want to integrate the turn signals. From the looks of it, it seems the two best are the Custom LED model and the Clear Alternatives model. Which one is better? Is the Clear Alternatives the only one out there that offers a smoked lens too?

·
Now U See Me, Now U Dont
695 Posts
i just got my R6 and want to integrate the turn signals. From the looks of it, it seems the two best are the Custom LED model and the Clear Alternatives model. Which one is better? Is the Clear Alternatives the only one out there that offers a smoked lens too?
first of all, this makes no sense. are you looking for an integrated tail light or are you looking for turn signals?

secondly, this topic has been covered about 500 times. USE THE SEARCH BUTTON. you will EASILY find your answer.

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
i personally like the clear alternatives because they have a sequential turn signal setup which makes it a lot easier for people behind you to see which way you were going.

·
08 R6S
179 Posts
I just put Clear Alternatives "clear" on mine and love it.
Just an fyi... try doing a search on the forum before posting...some of us around here will eat you alive if you don't try to look things up before posting. There are plenty of good searches on this subject.
I went with clear because I want people to see what my intentions are, I like the look of the smoked but IMO it just isn't bright enough.
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your bike!!!:cheers

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
CA is the best bet imo. they offer the smoked lens, and if you look hard enough, you can find em on ebay pretty regularly for ~$45 shipped. i got mine for $36 shipped - brand new.

·
I'm on a boat
809 Posts
I went with CustomLED. I've seen it next to a CA, and it was definitely brighter. I would never get smoked - yeah, it looks good, but its so dim, I'd rather not get rear-ended.

I also like that the CLED pulses when you brake, to get people's attention. I don't know if the CA does that or not.

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,296 Posts
CA's LEDs are mounted pointed downward on the circuit board therefore not as bright as other manufacturers. I have the smoked motodynamics tailight and love it. Has the strobe for the brake light and the secquencal indicators which is better IMO to get the attention of other motorists. Mine being smoked is just as bright as the stock tailight non smoked..And at $70, its a pretty good deal too...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hey thanks people, except the DB using caps and flaming me on my second post ever. I know how to search. Asking about a part made for a bike 2 years old, I'd like reviews from people as of now, not two years ago. So for all of you that responded with current opinion, I appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered the MotoDynamics smoked taillight.

Also, yeah I could waste my time and read for hours through a forum of millions of posts and replies or I can ask a question and walk away and someone with knowledge can answer it. So than you all for answering. So 1sexyR6 . . . PFFFF.

·
848!
667 Posts
hey thanks people, except the DB using caps and flaming me on my second post ever. I know how to search. Asking about a part made for a bike 2 years old, I'd like reviews from people as of now, not two years ago. So for all of you that responded with current opinion, I appreciate it. I went ahead and ordered the MotoDynamics smoked taillight.

Also, yeah I could waste my time and read for hours through a forum of millions of posts and replies or I can ask a question and walk away and someone with knowledge can answer it. So than you all for answering. So 1sexyR6 . . . PFFFF.
Great Choice, you definately won't regret it, I love it and it's awesome I would never buy anything else especially for 70 bucks!!!:toocool::nocontrol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts