Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Cliff Notes:

Bike got tipped over(backed into by car) in parking lot outside my apartment.
Guy gets out picks up bike, drives off.
Damage: scrapes on mirror, brake lever, bar end, frame slider, Akra slipon, broken tail plastics. Rough ebay/forum material costs: ~$600ish

I get his license plate numbers call cops.
Cops get confession out of dude in car and gives me insurance info.
I deal with my and the guy's insurance Co.
Get bike checked out by the guys insurance co's adjuster at the bike shop of my choosing.
Get call from Guy's insurance co today and they want to total bike.

Offered me $4700 for bike if totaled or a check for $2100 if I want to keep it.

Just put $1000 into exhaust and PCV and love bike.

Told this to guy's insurance Co and they want me to send them the receipts of the $1000 forth of stuff to then re-estimate the reimbursment amounts.

That's where I am at. Would sending them proof of upgrades increase the check size of my totaled bike or decrease the check size for teh payment if I keep the bike.

What angles can I work in this circumstance? Thanks in advance.

PS my girl friend will kill me if I total the bike :D

·
Schrute Farms Beets
757 Posts
I would say proof of you spending money on your bike would only make your check go up

·
RESPECT
29,160 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
I must not be understanding your dilemma, they said they would give you $2100 bucks for the bike andddd let you keep it. Why would you not do that, spend the $600ish to fix it then spend the rest on more goodies

·
R Sexiness
1,139 Posts
Every statement on here so far has been valid.....especially the pics.....of the gf....

·
Needs more stars
2,937 Posts
I must not be understanding your dilemma, they said they would give you $2100 bucks for the bike andddd let you keep it. Why would you not do that, spend the $600ish to fix it then spend the rest on more goodies
The bike would have a salvage title.

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
I just get this weird feeling people want pics of your gf befor any type of help can be given. It's some weird disconnection between peoples eyes brain and finger tips, that they can't understand the question without pics of said female.

I too am having the same problem mentioned above...

·
off roadin' GARDEN SLAYA!
904 Posts
I'm going through similar bullshit right now and my insurance company did accept an itemized list of the aftermarket parts I have on my bike know to them as opt e (optional equipment). My list hit $800 and they added about $475 for the parts.

·
Hanging in there.
197 Posts
They probably want you to total it because they don't have to give you as much. See what you can do with your itemized list. I actually just got through with crap like this with my truck.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts