Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to buy a new 2008 r6 and wanted to see if that is right for me. Height might be a problem for me as my inseam is only 30" and the seat is 33.5" high. I know that the bike can be lowered, but I know it will mess up the suspension geometry and there is always the option of cutting the seat and that will lower the seat height about 1" to 1.5". I'm 5'8" tall and seeing if anyone with my height is having problems moving around on their feet. Also, how much dose a new 2008 r6 cost out the door? I know the dealer gets it from the factory for 8233 with freight and they get 3% back from yamaha. MSRP is 9566.00

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey don't even worry about the height. I have a 07 r6 and I'm only 5'6"! I don't have any problems on it at all. Now granted only the balls of my feet touch the ground at the same time, but I'm always leaning to one side at stops anyway. Trust me, get the bike and you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
If you are 5'8 you shouldn't have THAT much of a problem.

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
You will learn to lean the bike a bit when you are stopped. You will get use to it. I'm 5'8" and the bike fits perfect. But I do have a 32" inseam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts