Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was thinking about buying an akrapovic or a graves slip on. Basically, I just want a loud and big pipe. The closer it is to the size of the stock pipe, the better. Anybody have any suggestions on which one of those two I should get? Or any other suggestions?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
id go with akro myself, one of the best pipes out there for power from what i hear. havent heard anything about the graves slip on.

·
Registered
836 Posts
The Akro and Graves are nice pipes... and make awesome power with a full system. But they are $$$ for just a S/O.

However, if you want a nice LOUD pipe. Check out the Devil S/O. They sound SWEET, and look pretty good as well.

Hit up Hammy for the pipe, his reputation is excellent.

·
Registered
118 Posts
whats up. i JUST put on my Jardine carbon fiber RT-one s/o and it is AWESOME... if i had a chance to choose again, ide still pick the jardine. Definitely contact hammythecanman. he has the best price you will find anywhere. the jardine is the best "bang for your buck". the sound is incredible!

good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Ed, check out my thread in the "exhaust & fuel delivery" forum on the Devil (Devilish OVO, Pic of my new Devil).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Personally I like the one I got ... (it is for sale by the way) CARBON FIBER LEO VINCE ULTRA HIGHT MOUNT. I like the Ultra Highmount look b/c it runs so sleek to the body lines of the R6. I like the Carbon Fiber ones b/c of how cool it stays even after those long trips, and I like the sond of Leo Vince. I was a winner 3X fold when I got this sucker! You can't got wrong with a LEO! Just my 2 cents! Hope that this helped!

X :usa

Ohh yeah... If anyone is interested give me a holla!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I guess I am the only guy that likes Micron? I absolutely love it...great sound, looks good, and is relatively inexpensive.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Micron...not the best.

I did a lot of research before I bought mine and I bought the Devil

Sounda bad ass

Looks good

·
Mad Modder
198 Posts
the shop i get my bike serviced at (HFD1 Motorsports) has an in-house dyno. the guys there told me the best pipe in a sense of hoursepower gain is the Hindle. they said it showed the best gains on the dyno. they have supposedly ran quite a few different brands and that one has shown the best. they said each brand runs different on different brands of bikes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Can't beat the Devil

You can see what I think of mine. Pick up is loads better and not had it jetted yet. One of the UK bike mags described it as sounding like Barry White on steroids. Model is the SB2 although they all sound good, mine cost £325 whatever that coverts to in Dollars, think about $450.

·
Registered
129 Posts
If you want loud, D&D is the pipe. I have one on my bike and that thing really screams. It's not the size of a stock can, its quite smaller.

.......this post is pretty old. I bet he's got one on already.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Exhaust

What would you say is the best overall sounding and performance exhaust tip or full? I am getting an R6 soon and am planning what to get for it. My buddy has a silver and black 03 with a Leo Vince exhaust and it looks pretty good and sounds good.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have a carbon fiber Blue Flame Dual Port High Mount. Looks great and sounds mean as hell without being too obnoxious like the D&D. Check it out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have a devil now but i liked my akra much better. im acually thinking of selling my devil even tho it has like 500 miles on it. just to get another akra

1 - 20 of 20 Posts