Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up guys just recently picked up a 2007 Yamaha R6, I’m doing a street fighter custom build to it, I picked the bike up for dirt cheap expecting it to have issues. Got the bike running and all now. But I’ve been have issues with the clutch cable. At first I thought it was the actual clutch itself but I’ve completely rebuilt it and everything checks out. The issue I think I’m having is no matter how I adjust the clutch cable its all free play and feels like the clutch will not fully disengage or re-engage. I’m gonna include some pictures. I thought it was the clutch cable that the bike came with but I just got a new one today, they match up and it is OEM. Can anyone here help me or guide me in the right direction. I’ve watch countless videos on adjusting it and configuring the free play but no matter what I do it will not work!
Automotive tire Sports equipment Glove Finger Sports gear
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle
Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
White Light Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive fuel system
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

·
Registered
Everything you need to know is in the Service Manual !
177 Posts
What’s up guys just recently picked up a 2007 Yamaha R6, I’m doing a street fighter custom build to it, I picked the bike up for dirt cheap expecting it to have issues. Got the bike running and all now. But I’ve been have issues with the clutch cable. At first I thought it was the actual clutch itself but I’ve completely rebuilt it and everything checks out. The issue I think I’m having is no matter how I adjust the clutch cable its all free play and feels like the clutch will not fully disengage or re-engage. I’m gonna include some pictures. I thought it was the clutch cable that the bike came with but I just got a new one today, they match up and it is OEM. Can anyone here help me or guide me in the right direction. I’ve watch countless videos on adjusting it and configuring the free play but no matter what I do it will not work! View attachment 380044 View attachment 380045 View attachment 380046 View attachment 380047 View attachment 380048 View attachment 380049 View attachment 380050
Very simple fix. The part of the cable that goes into the clutch should have a bracket attached to the timing cover. Looks like you have an aftermarket one ( it’s the silver cover ) the bottom two bolts on that cover hold a hanger that the adjustable part of the clutch cable attaches to. Your missing that piece

1 - 6 of 6 Posts