Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some gold pazzo shorties, and got driven gell grips free with them??? I can not get the stock grips off for the life of me??? Is there a certain trick or way??? Also are the driven gell grips better???

·
Registered
250 Posts
Yeah, you cut off the old grips with a razor. That's the only way to get them off. They're glued on. Then you spray hair-spray inside the new grips. They'll slide on smooth, and once they dry they're good to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you want to save them work a long screwdriver up the grips and spray Windex or any glass cleaner up into them, then work the grips back and forth they will just slip off like a dream!

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
Just use a new razor and cut the grips off. They'll cut insane easy...Then just get some hairspray and spray the new ones n slide them on!

·
YZF-R6 Fighter Pilot
188 Posts
I just cut mine off, it's not like grips cost that much. I used grip glue for my grips, and had a little trouble getting them on and it was just a little messy, but came out fine. I really like them. I think the grip is better, vibration is slightly reduced, and they look better than stock in my opinion. I don't think they will last as long though. I haven't had mine on very long, and I already notice a little wear.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just rolled my off...strong hands I guess. started near the levers and just rolled then over itself until it was inside out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts