Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im throwing a code 18, somthing to do with the exup valve not working correctly or somthing along those lines..

Any trick to get it to work again? unplugged, hit it?

I have my full system on the way in, and already have my PC3 at the house, so i could load a tune if that would help in some way.

The dealer said it needs some sort of updated tune/re-flash for the computer, but will take 4+ days for it..

We are about to go on a 2 day ride, and my power is sucking as is my MPG, and the light is gettign annoying! lol

Any help?

·
i wanna go fast!
148 Posts
i have the exact same bike and it was doing the same thing. as soon as i got my exhaust i just removed the cables and it stopped giving me the error. just gonna have to wait till u get ur full system

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
your dealer is a fuxing ass monkey and you should have been raised to never believe dealers. this is a common problem with the 06-07's and I had to figure it out as well. what you need to do is take off the black cover on your exhaust held on with three bolts, then tweak the valve open with pliers or something while revving the bike. make sure you open the valve the right direction or you may do more harm than good. you can figure it out by looking into the exhaust with a flashlight and tweaking the valve.

you can do this with the bike running or off, your exup servo is just stuck. if one way doesnt work try the other

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
Hey I have the same problem right now. I'me gonna keep this post handy and get cracking on the bike when I have some more time.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
keep in mind you don't want to crank the valve open with pliers when the bike is running, just assist it. or you can do it with the bike off, since there is no power going to the servo this is usually easier. ya just got to play with it til it works.

·
07 Charcoal Grey R6
760 Posts
Hey I have the same problem right now. I'me gonna keep this post handy and get cracking on the bike when I have some more time.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol there is a reason why my bike is still not at the dealer....

And yeah thanks guys got it to work again, just not as pretty as mentioned.

Long shafted screwdriver and a hammer.. couple little taps.. she is brand new!

didnt go on the ride tho, oh well.

what do yall think of this full system? I got it for 700 bucks, figured it was a good deal

http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/ps-3119-1105-trc-stainlesscarbon-full-system.aspx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts