Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased hotbodies race fairings for my 06r, I know it's not the best out there, but I got a good deal. They are second hand but never been installed. I was browsing their website and noticed it stated they wouldn't work with stock exhaust. Well, after doing some research I found out that it fits but the catalytic converter gets them too hot. I have no plans to upgrade exhaust anytime soon for economic reasons, but wanted to know if there is any modifications I can do to the belly pan? I'm new to track days and don't plan on racing, just want to spare my stock plastics just in case. Thanks for any input!

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
You can try some DEI heat wrap/tiles, but that probably wont work too well. The other option is to just run without the bottom fairing.

·
pin it to win it
8,093 Posts
You can try some DEI heat wrap/tiles, but that probably wont work too well. The other option is to just run without the bottom fairing.
this is your best bet. I prefer lining my fairings with the sheets of heat reflector. if you have at least a 1in gap between fairings and your cat it should work. that gold dei reflector works great.
why not get an exhaust tho. a mid pipe is cheap, or sell your header and add just a lil$ you could swing a 05 header mod. I'm broke as fack so I know about being cheap lol. just giving you a suggestion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts