Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got the undertail, looks good. problem is, i dont know how to wire it up. it came with a brown wire, green, yellow, one other color, and 4 blacks that need to be grounded.

here is how the instructions read:

connect all black wires together and ground or connect to factory ground wire from harness.

green - right turn positive
yellow - left turn positive
red - taillight positive
brown - brake positive
black - negative(ground)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the extreme kreations one. i made a thread about it like a week ago. its here, and i cant wire it up :(

i also sliced the **** out of my finger, making it reallyh hard to typr.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
josh6544 said:
the extreme kreations one. i made a thread about it like a week ago. its here, and i cant wire it up :(

i also sliced the **** out of my finger, making it reallyh hard to typr.
Thats right I remember. I'm not exactly sure how that thing works but I reckon you should be able to look at the stock wiring if you just strip some of that insulator off. Once you get that insulator off you should be able to tell which wire your working with, green , brown, etc. Just match the stock wires up with the ones from your undertail and you'll be in business. You should probably run to an electronics store and get some barrel crimpers, electric tape, and some wire strippers. That will help out a lot.

I don't really understand what you're asking so I'm sorry if my answer is a little vague.

·
Registered
220 Posts
It does not sound hard. I am sure the wires for the under tail are in pairs black and another color. the ones for your factory turn signals have three a peace. one is the running light one is the blinker. Cut them off strip them then test touch them to your under tail turn signals. When it blinks you have the right one. That is over simplified but you should be able to figure it out from that. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it wasnt hard. i didnt read the directions all the way DOH :hammer

its on now, i took pictures but wont be able to post them till i get home. this kit is decent at best. it makes the rear fairing sit very low and doesnt look right with the seat attatched. however, i still had my broken exhaust hanger from the 1st wreck and i put that in the rear thing thats welded to the frame and it holds the fairing up perfectly now. it looks good over all. ill post the pictures when i get back home.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
well it always helps to actually read the directions, but ofcourse i usually try to figure out stuff like that without the directions to :mrgreen:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
looks good, im really pleased with it. here are a few pictures, ill get more tomorrow as im at my dads house now and i leave the bike at my moms.

it looks really slick. its like a whole new bike now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts