Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:moon I just bought my 01 R6 3 wks ago but I'm only 5'5". Tip toeing is my problem of backing the bike back. Is there any cheap way to drop the bike like a 1" or 1 1/2". thanks you very much for your help..

·
Registered
963 Posts
Yes, you can have the seat shaved. What they do is they take the seat and shave from the inside out, so you can lower an inch or two. I'm not sure where you live, but if you live in So. Cal I have the number of a place that will do that for your R6. I think you can also take it to an automobile upholstery place too. People say it works wonders for them without messing up the suspension or anything.

I never got anything lowered. I'm the same height as you, but I move the bike on level ground with my toes. On other ground I use just one foot on on side. Other times, I just spin the bike around on the kickstand. There's a thread in the forum on how to do that.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Not sure about spinning the bike on the kickstand, my friend was doing that in his driveway and the kickstand broke. He scratched up his whole left side. It was a gixxer 600 though, if that makes a difference. Just my .02 cents, I have no experience doing that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts