Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I dropped my bike off to get painted everyhting was working great..picked it up still good, The next day I rode to my buddys house so we could take off the tires so I could get new ones installed this is not our forst time taking the tires off so we know what to do there. Now here is the wierd stuff we put the tires back on and wanted to make sure everything was good so he drove it around the block and came back and said sounds like something is in the tank? It had a loud thumping sound coming from it. We opened the tank looked around looked good, I even took the tank off and swooshed it around to no avail. The strange thing is it only makes the "thud,thumping" noise when the bike is rolling in 1st to second gear kinda the speed when you are coming up to a light or driveway slow but still a little power? If you pull the clutch in nothing. I put the bike on stands rev it up sounds good no knock. I have around 3000 miles on my oil Yamaha lube full syn I ride in the canyons so my rpms are around 8000 to 10000 for engine brakeing. Last night when I got home I decided to see if it was still there and it had gotten worse plus when leaning the bike the oil light came on quickly then off could it be bad oil causing the clutch to knock?? Please help it driving me nuts. Also the bike has plenty of power just like it should.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found it 160.00 later took it to the dealer and whamm it was the front fender rubbing on the tire..The painter forgot to install the grommets!!!

·
Damn Turkeys!
82 Posts
wow at 2.8k, pics of said paint job?

·
Damn Turkeys!
82 Posts
hm, thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts