Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 yzf r6 it has a full two brothers exhaust system and a bazzaz fuel tuner. The problem I'm having is if I full throttle it , it won't pull over 10,000rpm's but if I roll into it which sucks it will pull the 14,000rpm,s. New to these bikes so any help on info will be appreciated. I got beat by my cousin buell I know there's Noway he can beat me but I can't hammer down on it

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Maybe the bazzaz fuel tuner was not installed right..
that or has a bad map...or the tps is fcuked up....or maybe the exhaust pipe/flapper valve is failing....

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
If you go to the bazzaz web site you can download a map and the instructions and double check if it was installed right.and if he has a after market system he may not have the exup hooked up.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Exhaust pipe flapper! Don't sound to legit. Try lookin for help not bs thanx
The stock system has a servo bro, aka a flapper valve. If you're new to the bike, dont mouth off like a pro.:fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Could be any number of things based on this piss poor description of the problem. Hell, it could be a plugged fuel or air filter even.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wasn't tryin to mouth off no offense. Just tryin to figure out what's wrong. When u give it full throttle it gets to 10 and feels like runs out of fuel. But u roll into it and it pull to 14 with eas

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I dont know the Two Bros system, as I am not to thrilled with their quality, honestly. Really, I doubt its your exhaust, as it sounds more like a fuel or air problem. Assuming the bike isnt misfiring or grounding out, you should be firing on all four correctly. This eliminates the fire element of fuel, fire, and air. You are left with fuel and air. If the air passage is obstructed with some shit, then you may get this sort of behavior, so check your air filter, you should anyway. I doubt this is the problem unless you have rats in there, and then you probably have worse issues. If you take out air, then you're left with fuel, which makes the most sense IMO becuase the bike will roll on to a certain RPM but not get there with WOT application. You are either really rich or really lean most likely, and you should address this soon, as you could do serious damage to your engine. Also, make sure you have the Bazzazz hooked up properly and have the O2 sensor eliminated properly or plugged into the pipe.

·
life is sweeeet.
296 Posts
even if the bazzaz fuel injector connector popped off...try this turn on your bike until you a temp reading. with the bike running get a old paint brush and some water and dip the brush in the water and brush each header pipe and if one does not evaporate quickly then the cylinder is not firing and may give you a clue on what to do next.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
even if the bazzaz fuel injector connector popped off...try this turn on your bike until you a temp reading. with the bike running get a old paint brush and some water and dip the brush in the water and brush each header pipe and if one does not evaporate quickly then the cylinder is not firing and may give you a clue on what to do next.
Good advice, but it only tells you if the cyl isnt firing, not why. Still a good quick diagnostic.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Cool Thanx man will do that and let ya know. I know at idle it smells rich but not blowing any smoke.
The smell means nothing. The only sniffer that is going to help you out unless your bike is extremely off will be a wideband O2 sensor on a tuner....

You can also try this, remove the connections to the bazzaz (you can leave everything there, just remove the connections and make it back to stock. If it goes back to running right, you can be sure the problem is in the bazzaz, if not, you need to look elsewhere.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The smell means nothing. The only sniffer that is going to help you out unless your bike is extremely off will be a wideband O2 sensor on a tuner....

You can also try this, remove the connections to the bazzaz (you can leave everything there, just remove the connections and make it back to stock. If it goes back to running right, you can be sure the problem is in the bazzaz, if not, you need to look elsewhere.
Where is the stock connection located so I know where to look

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
it comes out from under the tank. The O2 sensor and its pigtail go from the lower right side, up the inner side of the frame, and up under the tank to the connector.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts