Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a 2007 R6 (blue) and sprayed Plasti-Dip (black) with a high gloss all around and now encountering a problem.

Bike was perfectly fine before but now that the Plasti-Dip has dried, I cannot turn on the bike while in gear and holding the clutch in (I have the kick stand up and kill switch is not on)....I can only turn it on when the bike is in neutral.

Did I accidently sprayed something that I wasn't supposed to? Please help.

Thank you!

·
Yeah Science!
7,338 Posts
Check your connections on your clutch perch. I have the turn signal/horn/highbeam housing removed on my track bike and it doesn't start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in anymore, but not a big deal to me.

Maybe it got knocked loose or something

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check your connections on your clutch perch. I have the turn signal/horn/highbeam housing removed on my track bike and it doesn't start in gear with the clutch lever pulled in anymore, but not a big deal to me.

Maybe it got knocked loose or something
Thank you, I will try that when I get home. Only question is (although might sound dumb) what is the "clutch perch" and where is it? :dunce:

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
Don't have a picture since I am at work...But basically I sprayed ALL the fairings...

Thank you, I will try that when I get home. Only question is (although might sound dumb) what is the "clutch perch" and where is it? :dunce:
Perch is where your clutch lever mounts to your clipons. Underneath the clutch lever should be two wires connected to a "switch". This tells the bike when you have the clutch pulled in. If its disconnected, it won't start in gear.

sent while on the move

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perch is where your clutch lever mounts to your clipons. Underneath the clutch lever should be two wires connected to a "switch". This tells the bike when you have the clutch pulled in. If its disconnected, it won't start in gear.

sent while on the move

Perfect description... Now if these two wires are fully connected to the switch should I buy a switch?

Someone told me earlier today that it can also be the kickstand sensor. What do you think?

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
Shouldn't be the kickstand switch. If that were the case, the bike would shut off when you shifted into gear.

sent while on the move

1 - 9 of 9 Posts