Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to make my r6 faster and have more torque? If I put on a slip on exhaust will that make a difference?

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
If you want more torque it will be at the sacrafice of top end HP & vise/versa.A slip on will do little by itself.A full exhaust is better along with a PCIII,K&N,sprockets & maybe velocity stacks.Even with all these there is only so much you can improve HP.If speed is your goal then cams, headwork,boring the block & more internal engine work.Will make your bike faster, but again you will lose some bottom end performance(torque).Break your piggy bank, because it will cost you some dough:(.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for that I didn't know that adding a exhaust will take away torque.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
thanks for that I didn't know that adding a exhaust will take away torque.
A slip on will improve both torque and hp (top end) because it simply allows the engine to breath better. A full exhaust will allow the engine to breath even better, thus improving tq and hp just a bit more. If you want the most inexpensive way to improve torque (acceleration/off the line speed) get a +1/-2 520 conversion. They're VERY popular. You will lose some top speed, probably roughly 10 mph, but you'll gain a significant amount of acceleration. check out www.tobefast.com for all the parts you need for ANYTHING R6 related

·
Registered
96 Posts
what year of bike do you have? if its 03+ fuel injected and for more speed u can get pcIII and fulle exhuast and dyno... that can be hell expensive... u can also change the sprocket size for fast accel.. but the truth is.. yammy's arent well known for the torque side like suzuki's only high end speed... but if u take it on the the track you'll waste the suzuki.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A slip on will improve both torque and hp (top end) because it simply allows the engine to breath better. A full exhaust will allow the engine to breath even better, thus improving tq and hp just a bit more. If you want the most inexpensive way to improve torque (acceleration/off the line speed) get a +1/-2 520 conversion. They're VERY popular. You will lose some top speed, probably roughly 10 mph, but you'll gain a significant amount of acceleration. check out www.tobefast.com for all the parts you need for ANYTHING R6 related
The 520 conversion you would want is actually -1/+2 not the other way around. -1 on the front sprocket, and +2 on the back

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
The 520 conversion you would want is actually -1/+2 not the other way around. -1 on the front sprocket, and +2 on the back
ah crap. Thanks for the correction chris. Thats what I meant.:hammer

·
Registered
24 Posts
But if you wanted your R6 to do, say 180mph, you could theoretically go with this conversion. Correct? Just slow off the line.

·
My R6 eats terrorists
221 Posts
But if you wanted your R6 to do, say 180mph, you could theoretically go with this conversion. Correct? Just slow off the line.
no, by shortening the front/lengthening the rear you're LOSING top end speed and gaining acceleration. If you went the other way you'd probably gain a little top end but not all that much. At those speeds the bike has to overcome a certain amount of wind resistance and it becomes a power issue then (not just a gear issue). In a real world scenario go jump on your bicycle. Go as fast as you possibly can then go up a gear. You'll find that you still cant go any faster because your legs don't have the strength to overcome the wind resistance even though going faster should be easier because of the change in gear. Its the same reason the R6 doesnt have a 7th gear.

Long story short (too late), the best way to make the bike faster is a few aftermarket parts and some major engine work... better yet, make it easier and get an R1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.