Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to beat a dead horse, but I'm still trying to decide on a slip-on.
My basic requirements are that it's carbon-fiber and sounds low and deep and is a standard mount.

I was originally set on the carbon-fiber akrapovic s/o, but they're backordered until next month. I can't wait that long.

So if anybody has full body pictures/opinions on Indigos, Devils, and Wolf slip-ons, I'd love to hear them. It's going to be one of those three, unless somebody can come up with another one. I took a look at aratas and satos, but they don't come in carbon-fiber.

And does anybody know if Wolf has a US distributer? And if not, how fast can they deliver a slip-on to California?

·
Registered
267 Posts
ed, still questing after the perfect exhaust??? i understand your dilema. took me a year before really kicking myself in the ass to purchase one. i've got a new pic of my high mount Devil in the "How to" gallery that is a better side pic. good luck with your purchase.
R6RW

:twisted:

·
Registered
118 Posts
have you thought about a Jardine? the rt-one in carbon fiber looks so sexy on the 6. it has a nice deep tone to it, is loud enough to be heard, and wont put you outta ALL your money like the akras. i got mine from hammythecanman. they ship out of california, and it got to me in florida faster than i and the UPS tracking number expected. i wish i could get a picture, but my camera is busted. ill go right now and see what i can do about getting a sound clip. give hammy a call, hes got the best prices and can tell you the perfect pipe to get.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate everyone's help, but I've decided just to get the titanium akrapovics. It only costs about 60 to 70 bucks more than the devils and other slip-ons I was looking at, plus I can get them in the next few days unless anyone can convince me otherwise with another brand...

But does anybody in the U.S. have the wolf exhausts? How do they sound? Any pictures on an R6?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ok ill say this, BLUE FLAME OR M4 exhausts. my 2 favorites. theres some sounds clips of both on one of the threads. i know hammy can get both for ya and they arent to exspensive. :cheers

·
Registered
329 Posts
Ed

Our exhausts beat every other brand including Akra in the MCN test last year and I can get one to you in just 3 days!!

We have the carbon and titanium in stock right now for immediate shipping

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does anybody have a sound clip and a full side view of a wolf slip on (carbon fiber - standard mount)? Anybody? Wolf?

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
no one has a vid or soundclip on this board nor is Pete technically inclined enough (computer wise) to get one. In due time, we will find one.......

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nobody has a clip? damn, i think i'm in the final hours of buying a slip-on. It's either a call to Wolf or a call to Akrapovic. Does anybody know how much the Wolf carbon fiber slip-ons cost in U.S. dollars? And how do they sound -- low, deep???

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sold. How do I go about ordering them? I'll buy them right now if anybody has the contact info and how to get them asap.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just ordered the Wolf Oval Carbon-Fiber Slip-Ons. As soon as I get it and install it, I'll post pictures. Possibly a sound-clip as well if my friend's camera works. I'll post a review on it later too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts