Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, need to pick up new brake pads like, now... Using SBS Racing Sintered just now and i have noticed i've got less than 3mm of friction material visible so need some new ones... I like these a lot but i'm wondering what other people really like, any recommendations (not EBC and not brembo, tried them, don't like them)

Stuart

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So no one has any opinion on brake pads... Thanks

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
I like the carbone lorrain sbk5's the best as they are nice and progressive and give great feedback. If you want something that bites damn hard look at vesrah's rjl's for the street/track or for purely track the srjl's. It's pretty much a personal thing as it comes down to how hard they bite, how progressive they are, etc.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks Corey, heard good things bout the sbk5's.... Will look into the vesahs, never heard of them before.. Thats what i'm after here, new names...

Stuart

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
I put some vesrah rjl's on bout 2 months ago (had stock on there before) and damn these are some kick ass pads :fact

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i guess its between the carbone lorraines and the vesrahs.... hhmmm...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Right i'm still no further forward, both seem fine options and i'm wanting to try something new, the sbk5's are coming with a guarantee that if i don't think they are the best i've tried a can get my money back, but then again that was the same promise i got with the brembo's and i really didn't like them (no real feeling)... I could just stick to what i know and get some more sbs pads, they have a massive range and really are the berries out of the 4 i've tried before... Im rambling now, the sbk5's and if i don't like them i'll get the rjl's....

I'll let you know how i get on later this week...

Thanks,
Stuart

·
Jesus Reigns
4,398 Posts
I hear Vesrah's are nice, but expensive. Ill probably try EBC's when it comes time to get new ones

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just wondering...how come you dont like ebc's?
Lack of real initial bite, plus they never really got better (or worse i guess) with any heat in them...

I went for the Carbone Lorraine's and i think i made the right choice, loads of bite and feel really progressive, you can really control your braking nicely with these! Never got them extremely hot (where the sbs pads came into their own) so i cant talk about fade yet but being ceramic backed i don't think that will be an issue... Certainly try them, will make a nice fast road/trackday pad for sure!

·
Knee dragger in training.
548 Posts
I have the CL SBK5's and in my first track day I never experienced any fade. I did brake a little little too late a few times and always got the stopping power I needed by pulling the lever harder. I'll be doing another trackday this weekend and I'm sure I will be pleased with them again. I'm thinking about doing the Vesrah RJL's next time around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts