Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, need some advice, i dropped my bike and after a long time in the garage and some electrical probs i have got the bike back. We originally thought the forks were ok and had the seals changed after riding the bike twice on short journeys the seal on my right side has popped had it changed and got it back today, discovered the fork was fractionally bent had it rolled and started to leak ever so slightly again.
the question is whats the best solution? what are the best forks from other models of r6/r1 to go for or get 99 ones and rebuild it with ohlins internals, i am going to start riding a bit harder this year trying to progress my cornering speed and push in that area mainly so what suggestions do you all have.
Cheers hope you guys have a good idea as i am unsure of what will work well.

·
best used over 10,000rpm
269 Posts
I dont think the r1 ones are a straight fit, someone on here might know better.

If it was my bike, id go standard forks with ohlins springs, then a good rear shock to match.

Once thats all done, go to a suspension guy, for them to set it up for you, mine was done by no limits, makes loads of diffrence to how it feels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i just put a newer rear on got it a bit stiffer but the old may get rebuilt with ohlins depends on cost, i had a look on egay for forks not a great deal but a couple of interesting ones the only concern is if i buy it and they are in more of a worse condition than mine then i am screwed.
i know i want more of a tight ride from it with the pilot 2cts it will drop in really nice and smooth i also want to hit the track this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts