Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
D33PU
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...From T.O and theres a deal goin on at a local store for the bridgestone bt016's. Just wondering how good they are??? I have dunlop mx something radials. Well thats what it says on the tires. Just wondering if these would be better. Some say tires make a difference in the cornering. I'm mainly a street rider so that comes into play too. Dont want something that will need to be changed every 4,000km's.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
803 Posts
They came stock on my gsxr 750. Overall i must say that i like the pirelli corsa 3's a bit more, but these tires are not bad at all. It kinda seems to me that at extremely low lean angles they lose grip, well atleast for me, right around when the rearset feeler touches the ground it feels like they start losing grip and washing out.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
if you go to tire/tech talk thread forum on main page, there's a tire shootout and bridgestones ranked pretty high on the list.

·
Registered
853 Posts
They came stock on my gsxr 750. Overall i must say that i like the pirelli corsa 3's a bit more, but these tires are not bad at all. It kinda seems to me that at extremely low lean angles they lose grip, well atleast for me, right around when the rearset feeler touches the ground it feels like they start losing grip and washing out.
The tires that come stock on your bike are different than the over the counter version of the exact same tire. So you can never judge the quality of a tire if it came stock on your bike.

I am riding Bridgestone BT-002's right now, and love them. My next set will be BT-016's for sure. The rear is a 5 layer, 3 compound tire, and the front is a 3 layer dual compound. I think Corsa III's and Pilot Power 2CT's are way overpriced.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
Hey guys...From T.O and theres a deal goin on at a local store for the bridgestone bt016's
What store & what prices? I am just about ready for a new set of tires, and I am only about 45min down the 401 from T.O. From everything I have read, they sound like really good tires.

·
D33PU
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
riders choice i think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts