Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
She wants me to twist it!
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for some full gauntlet gloves for next season. Im going to be riding a decent amount of street but my main goal is getting on the track. I really want to do as many track days this year as I can afford. Im looking on Sportbike track gear and Ive looked through all the gloves on their. Im wanting to spend between 100 and 150 on the gloves. I really like the knox plastic palm sliders found on know and teknic gloves. I think the idea is a great one.

GETTING TO THE POINT.
I found the Teknic Lightning 2010 model gloves for about 100 bucks. They come with what looks to me like a lot of protection and I like the styling. I wanted some opinons from the people who have experience with these gloves or other Teknic gloves.

Thanks
-Chris

·
Throws Sexy Partys
29 Posts
Did you ever get these gloves? I just picked up a pair at the Indy GP Teknic booth run by the boys at STG for $30...smoking deal for sure.

·
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i got them. I like them. The leather on the fingers is a little thinner than i would have liked but they should hold up well if i ever have to use them. The Knox slides you have to be careful with if your anything like me and like to use your tank as a drum while your sitting at a stop light. Also don't ever let the lady friend where them...those things will do a number on the tank when your on the brakes! I've got some heroic spr-pros now. Talk about amazing!!!

·
BAUCE Racing Co-Founder
550 Posts
I've never had a pair of my own but my friend had them...they didn't hold up well in his crash at all. Holes and tears everywhere...not good leather. Unfortunately gloves are like most everything else...the more you spend the better you get. Sometimes you'll find a sick deal that you can't pass up, but other than that, I would just go and spend the loot and get the good stuff. like i said, his didn't hold up well at all.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Held phantom hands down will never go back to anything else and I have had them all
:werd

I LOVE my phantoms they fit and feel awesome and vent great..i would deff buy another set when i have to

·
=]
2,521 Posts
SPR Pro? I'm definitely jealous. They definitely make me feel like my Held Phantoms skimped out with the Stingray

·
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SPR Pro? I'm definitely jealous. They definitely make me feel like my Held Phantoms skimped out with the Stingray
Their so freaking nice! I actually won them in the YWeRide contest. They definitely make you feel protected!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts