Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the chance buy a brand new 04 r6 or r1 for half the retail price. so about 3 grand for the r6 and 6 grand for the r1. My insurance however is 60 a month with my 2000 r6 and insurance for an r1 will be over 180 a month. I also know that I can not ride the r6 to its full potential and will be doing track days later on, but the r1 sounds like a good way to make money on the resale......

Also, if i sold the r1 I dont have another chance to get a bike half off. so i would be paying about 7800 for a new r6.
What do you guys think, any advice would be great. :?:

·
Registered
281 Posts
since i already have an R6...i would get the R1 :boob

but if i had to choose...and i still rode on the street (which i don't)....i would get the R1. only because i am/was lazy on the street and don't feel like riding around at 14k rpms all the time.

For the track, i would be on the R6.

In an ideal world, i would get both. i am sure you would be happy with either.

I know i am not much help...

·
Registered
112 Posts
You know life has become rough when you are faced with the decision: R6 or R1! :mrgreen:

Seriously, depends what you plan to do with the bike. Ride on the street? Insurance will kill you on the R1, but then again everyone and their dog has a 600, literbikes are more rare. The R6 is more popular, so finding parts will be easier, and insurance cheaper.

Riding on the track only? Take the R6. Just gonna turn around and sell the thing for a profit? Literbikes hold their value much more than 600's do.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive decided to go with the new r6. The r1 is an awesome bike but its to much power for my 140 pound ass, and i think ill have more fun on the track with the 6. Im usin the extra money to buy a xr50, leathers and boots.

·
Registered
118 Posts
and how is it possible that you can get one for half price and where can i get in on the deal? :boob

p.s. NICE CHOCIE

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
i agree the r6 is a good choice! the r1 is alot of power the new 04 is so pimp but i would wait til i get better on the r6 before i even jump to the 1000cc

1 - 9 of 9 Posts