Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I am new here and didnt know which section to post under so i am just doing it here. I was just cuious based on the scratches and scrapes on the fairing and tank is it best to get it repaired or just replaced? I bought the bike like this from someone else. He said it was gently dropped but unsure exactly what happened because he said that it was the owner prior to him. thanks for help.

Attachments

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
Aloha!!!

Your bike your rules.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Just ride it..

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
Google power.....
Tail: a slightly less damaged one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/08-09-YAMAH...fits=Model:YZF+R6&hash=item58af77ec2e&vxp=mtr

Mid fairing: Good luck finding a sliver one not wrecked, Your best bet is to check the for sale section and see if there is one lingering about.... I am too lazy to do it for you. You could also repair the holes, primer, repaint. That would be my move.

Tank.....ETI sliders.
http://www.aggracing.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=72
188 shipped. Cheaper than buying a new tank or repairing your existing one, OR buying a used tank and having it painted OEM sliver.

It will look just like it was never wrecked with the added protection from the next crash.

ETI on my bike:
Keep in mind I painted most of my own bike.

Welcome to the R6 forum, from now on you will be expected to looking into things yourself or else everyone on the forum will verbally vivisect you. :fact

·
Reads the rulez
2,255 Posts
Dude, you could totally buff out that tail section to good as new. Just use a coarse cutting compound and the plastic will magically replace itself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to the two last people for a real answer. zeppelin, i did google and search forums prior to asking. i guess i was being more picky with tryin to find exact color replacement parts for my bike. other times i would find entire set of fairings instead of a place just selling a tail fairing. appreciate the time you took to give a good reply. thanks again

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
thanks to the two last people for a real answer. zeppelin, i did google and search forums prior to asking. i guess i was being more picky with tryin to find exact color replacement parts for my bike. other times i would find entire set of fairings instead of a place just selling a tail fairing. appreciate the time you took to give a good reply. thanks again
:cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts