Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i just bought a 2004 R6 for 4k from a good friendof mine.

has some aftermarket stuff on it exhaust,wheels,lowered,frame sliders,suspension. i bought it blind havnt seen it except the few times ive seen him ride over the past years.

the question at hand. i need gear.

i live in Florida and its HOT well getting there (almost summer)

i need something that is fairly light and still protect. i dont want to sweat like a stuffed pig.

most my riding will be to and from work 400 miles daily (200 each way) 300 of that is on the interstate.

one thing that would be nice is pants and boots or such that i could work in instead of having to change (no place for spare clothes on the bike plus i cant change because i always meet at the jobsite and im not changing in a porto potty.

what are some good helmet manufactures anything with bluetooth?

·
Registered
206 Posts
never seen a motorcycle helmet with bluetooth but a good helmet that you wont sweat in is the icon airframe and hjc fs-10... i have both and love em both... as for boots, not many casual work boots i seen for sportbikes most are... sporty? :nocontrol lol but thats just about it... its not only hot for me, very humid too so yea i feel you when it comes to cooling down a bit :flaming

·
I sold my R6
229 Posts
Ok i just bought a 2004 R6 for 4k from a good friendof mine.

has some aftermarket stuff on it exhaust,wheels,lowered,frame sliders,suspension. i bought it blind havnt seen it except the few times ive seen him ride over the past years.

the question at hand. i need gear.

i live in Florida and its HOT well getting there (almost summer)

i need something that is fairly light and still protect. i dont want to sweat like a stuffed pig.

most my riding will be to and from work 400 miles daily (200 each way) 300 of that is on the interstate.

one thing that would be nice is pants and boots or such that i could work in instead of having to change (no place for spare clothes on the bike plus i cant change because i always meet at the jobsite and im not changing in a porto potty.

what are some good helmet manufactures anything with bluetooth?
I'd check out chatterbox for bluetooth. Aerostitch and olympia make some good breathing suits, you can wear them over your regular clothes. But you'd need to have a backpack or something to throw it in. As long as you have some good work boots you should be good there. Good luck man, thats a hell of a commute.:werd

·
Registered
208 Posts
400 miles a day!? :eek5 I thought my 30 mile a day commute just for work was a pain... I couldn't even imagine 400. Work out of state?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
400 miles a day!? :eek5 I thought my 30 mile a day commute just for work was a pain... I couldn't even imagine 400. Work out of state?
NOPE work instate i live in ocala fl but work in bradenton. pay is good and my boss is a friend of mine so i deal with plus i stay down there somedays.

pays well around 1000 week

·
Registered
61 Posts
I live in Gainesville and have some gears for sale. Icon helmet, icon jacket, icon gloves all in medium. I also have a kbc helmet in small if you're interested.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts