Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i have searched and searched and cant not find what i am looking for.....

Basically what i am trying to do is, run an autoswitch so that i can turn my low beams of and just my angel eyes are on and then hit the switch like it says in the auto switch and the headlights come back on....i do not care to do the dual high mod, i do not care if i only have one headlight on one side.

If there is a simpler solution as putting a switch inline of the headlights to turn them off and then another switch to turn the angel eyes on that will work out to......can someone help if thats possible.

here is a video like i want with the auto switch....even though he has the dual light mod...you get the idea

this is a diagram that i pulled up a while ago...but i dont see a spot for the HIDS.....

can someone give me some advise.....Thanks:toocool:

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Your halos are already hooked up to a switch... so why not just put both your headlights on another switch? That way you have complete control over when both are on. Piece of cake.

·
Premium Member
13,349 Posts
Your halos are already hooked up to a switch... so why not just put both your headlights on another switch? That way you have complete control over when both are on. Piece of cake.
:were, this is what I did with my lights. I have 3 switches running to my set up. 1 for the Audi light mod, 1 for the halos, 1 for the headlights. It allows you complete control.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:were, this is what I did with my lights. I have 3 switches running to my set up. 1 for the Audi light mod, 1 for the halos, 1 for the headlights. It allows you complete control.
that's what i wanted to do originally.....just put a switch inline of the low beam so i can turn it on and off....i read somewhere that someone suggested putting the switch on the ground....would that be better, or just splice into the low beam power side. Just dont wanna screw anything up....thanks for yall advice

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
I have a very limited knowledge of electricity... so this is where I stop giving helpful replies in this thread. :laugh

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a very limited knowledge of electricity... so this is where I stop giving helpful replies in this thread. :laugh
^^^^THIs^^^^^
thanks guys....i dont know much about this kind of stuff.....i can wire systems all day but when it comes to relays and all this stuff im lost

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
thanks guys....i dont know much about this kind of stuff.....i can wire systems all day but when it comes to relays and all this stuff im lost
The relays should be under the wind screan. Find the low beam one by just unplughing it and starting the bike. Cut that ground wire and put the switch inbetween it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i wired my setup directly off your diagram and by scrolling through the high beam on and off I can turn one off both off. and lights off. so just by using your diagram your gonna have to run a separate switch for the lows all together. But the diagram you have works just not for low beam control.

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
so what you want is to turn on both sides with your oem hi beam switch and you want to be able to turn off/on the halo's? am i right

·
faster than a turtle XP
1,760 Posts
i wired my setup directly off your diagram and by scrolling through the high beam on and off I can turn one off both off. and lights off. so just by using your diagram your gonna have to run a separate switch for the lows all together. But the diagram you have works just not for low beam control.
actually no thats the whole point of the hidden autoswitch.

·
Registered
167 Posts
i dont know what you mean because I cant turn off the lights and only have halos running.But the switch works unless I have a wire crossed cuz like I said I can the lights on and off but not leave the halos on.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok, here is the diagram using the autoswitch/hidden switch. Hopefully this one is easier to follow compared to my previous one. This is how this setup would work.

1. Bike turned on, halos and leds are on
2. Press and hold high beam switch for 2 seconds, low beam comes on. Return the high beam switch to off, low beam still stays on.
3. To turn high beams on simply put the high beam switch in the on position.
4. To turn off low beams press and hold high beam switch for 2 seconds.
5. Turn off bike all lights are off.

I think that is what you are looking for JH. Also for those that don't know, the autoswitch/hidden switch is not a physical switch that you have to toggle. You don't have to touch it for this to work. Its basically a circuit thats hidden in your bike. Here is the link: Hidde
n Switch

those are the instructions that i got with the picture

·
Registered
167 Posts
i dont know man when I hooked it all up lights come on however when I switch the bike off the lights do not go off i have to switch through the high beam in order to get the lights off kinda unorthodox but it works and it was kinda a pain to wire so I will leave it the way it is for now.

·
Hakuna Matata, btches!
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

here is another diagram that i found to just turn the headlights off via the autoswitch and then you could run halos/leds to a seperate physical switch

1 - 15 of 15 Posts