Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 R6s with an aftermarket Yoshi TRC slipon with stock headers. Other then that everything is stock.

Heres my problem when Im putting along in first gear under 4000 RPM the throttle is really choppy. If I left off the throttle even a little the bike jerks around abit and I slide around. This problem isnt all that bad its more of an annoyance then anything.

Also I feel the same sensation if I let off the throttle in any other gear its just more noticeable at low speeds in first gear.

To summarize at low RPMS = choppy throttle. I want the bike to be more smooth through the whole RPM range... not this choppy shit at low or when I let off.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I think thats how yamaha is. Unless my 07 with 150 miles on it has a loose chain ( which would piss me off) then I think its just the way they are made. In first gear the bike feels like its bogging down and if i give a little gas it jerks forward really hard and is not smoot at all. You have to be SUPER smooth with the throttle and I think the reasoning is the YCCT or whatever that name is

·
Registered
280 Posts
So i take it this is a normal feeling then? It seems as if any sudden change in throttle, the bike responds emediatly to it. If I let off, the bike slows right away and if i give gas right away, it kinda jerks and goes...not like my friends GSXR which is alsmost seemless. Who knows, this is my first bike and i just hope everything is fine with it...sounds like ur bike is like mine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i take it this is a normal feeling then? It seems as if any sudden change in throttle, the bike responds emediatly to it. If I let off, the bike slows right away and if i give gas right away, it kinda jerks and goes...not like my friends GSXR which is alsmost seemless. Who knows, this is my first bike and i just hope everything is fine with it...sounds like ur bike is like mine.
I had the same experience riding a buddies GSXR. It was very very smooth which was nice a slow speeds. Such as riding on a 25 mph road. Once I get up to speed the bike is great but at low speeds it’s choppy.

Is there anything that can be done so smooth this out?

·
Registered
280 Posts
You know, im having the same exact "issue" as you and i just dont think there is anything unless you mess with the gearing on the bike. This bike reminds me of my first acura interagra with mods on it...had NO LOW END and NO TORQUE so at low speeds it was just a drag. This is how this bike feels, with the RPMs at a lower rev it just jerky because its so responsive and wants to pull thru the higher rpms. As u said, when the RPM's are higher this bike is the best one I have riden. the GSX r and ninja just arent as responsive as this bike....

·
I ride bitches year round
1,834 Posts
There were a couple of threads on the subject of modifying or replacing the throttle on the R6 with a different one. I didn't really read into them too much but they may help you if you search for them.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have and 05 and have the same problem sometimes. A choppy rev. I usually throw it into second gear when cruising at slower speed and it eliminates the jerkyness. I think the bikes are just built that way. I am used to it and I can adjust the throttle to where it dosen't happen anymore. I rode a friends CBR 600 and it was much smoother. Still love my R6 :cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
hey,,srry to kinda change the topic real quick ..but hows that yoshi slip-on sound on you r6s...i have a 08 r6s..and lookn for exhaust.. since we basically have the same bikke...just thought id ask.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know EXACTLY what your describing. I just got my brand new 08 R6S and in low RPMs the bike jerks and makes a clicking sound if you slightly bend your wrist as well as letting off the throttle. I think its just the way the bike is designed. It is a little annoying. Just have to get use to it

·
Registered
67 Posts
haha,,,what he said above...i have 08r6s and have same prollems...figured it was just how the bike is. at least ive read a billion times that the clicking is at least.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi sorry to post on this thread but i am new to the forum and cant figure out how to post my own lol. Anyway i have a 2006 r6 and my problem is similar but different when i let off the throttle at low rpms it feels like the engine or something under me is jolting forwards also when i am rolling on the throttle at low rpms there is the same feeling but it jolts backwards. I know it is not the feeling of engine breaking or simple acceleration it is a much more violent feeling. Please help! any thoughts or ideas? :frown:

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
Hi sorry to post on this thread but i am new to the forum and cant figure out how to post my own lol. Anyway i have a 2006 r6 and my problem is similar but different when i let off the throttle at low rpms it feels like the engine or something under me is jolting forwards also when i am rolling on the throttle at low rpms there is the same feeling but it jolts backwards. I know it is not the feeling of engine breaking or simple acceleration it is a much more violent feeling. Please help! any thoughts or ideas? :frown:
Is your chain loose?

·
Registered
15 Posts
i find the electronic throttle yamaha uses to be quite crappy at very low throttle openings, like under about 6-10% throttle while cruising it has a weak feel to it. almost like you need to be at 15% throttle or more for the bike to even respond properly. im not too fond of it but it seems to be the way they made it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts