Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a small guy being that I'm 130lbs 5'4 and a 37.5" chest and I'm lookin for a jacket. I was contemplating ICON but I've read a lot of bad news on forums about quality. So I decided to go with alpinestars as I've heard a lot of good things about them. Their size charts are Euro so that is a pain but I found a conversion.

I'm lookin at this jacket but I can shop anywhere.

The advice I'm lookin for is sizing. When you measure yourself to get your jacket does it pretty much equal the size on the charts for comfort and fit, or do you get a size bigger so you can move around? In my current situation I can't really try on a leather jacket (overseas) so I'm at the mercy of these sites.

so can I trust these sizes?[/u]

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
for me i went 2 sizes up. my chest size is a 44 but i bought a 48. if i use my back protector i my chest size is a 48. when i use the size 48 with back protector it is snug.

are you going to use a back protector anytime with the jacket? if you do take account for that measurement as well.

·
Registered
7,662 Posts
bean pole...haha

He's gonna love ya fer that one

·
Registered
406 Posts
I gotta Joe Rocket Speedmaster and it's heavy as hell..., I like it, but heavier than most jackets I've seen since.

Recommendation - get it as snug as F*ing possible, almost to ebing uncomfortable at first. A few rides crackin' the throttle and the leather will stretch. I got a pretty snug 48, usually wear a 44/46 sportcoat, and it stetched a little to much for my liking..., have gotten lil' "rug burns" on my elbows just from street riding..., just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, if it is one problem I have, it's that my lats are too big. I've got the V thing goin on from the weight room and things fit odd sometimes.

edit: How many here actually have a back protector? It sounds like somethin I want to have but can you use it for daily riding (ie comfort) or is it more for the track?

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
Stop digging up old threads!

·
RESPECT
29,160 Posts
lol i think he was just being an ass and bringing up an old thread

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
He was responding to someone who did bring up the old thread...they deleted their post. It was a relevant post...but for some reason (embarassed?) he deleted it.

:fact

·
Registered
687 Posts
lol I'll admit i replied to it too with out notice'n it's age but it was already up on the 1st page. so the digger had already dug it up.

;)

not that i care too much but I indeed deleted my post then so not to look like i was the guy.

so, the serch goes on

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
lol I'll admit i replied to it too with out notice'n it's age but it was already up on the 1st page. so the digger had already dug it up.

;)

not that i care too much but I indeed deleted my post then so not to look like i was the guy.

so, the serch goes on
:laugh Honesty's not lost to humanity!

(btw...I wasn't gonna dime you out!
)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts