Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Need some help with the TPS? Cant get it to stay running until its warmed up.

I've had the bike die about ~4 sec after a cold start ever since ive added the exhaust/air filter/PCV/quickshifter/ignition module, which was 4 years ago and im tired of it.

Ive tried all different fuel combos, enrichment tables, etc, etc with no luck.

Its raining out at the moment so i figured i would go work on the bike, ive been reading on here and decided to check out the TPS, in DO1: i do get 18, but when i twist the throttle it only goes to 53, when i watch the throttle position in the PCV it only goes to 28%..

From what i have read it should go to 98 or so.. how do i correct this?

Thanks.. any insight on what to try would be helpful, its sucks having to hold the throttle down till it completely warms up to stay idling, the cooler it is outside the worse it is, in the winter when i tried to start it, it would seem to be rich as heck.

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so these are good

14: Throttle position sensor (for throttle cable pulley) signal 1 (throttle angle)
Fully closed position 12–22
Fully opened position 97–107

15: Throttle position sensor (for throttle cable pulley) signal 2 (throttle angle)
Fully closed position 10–24
Fully opened position 95–109

But these are only at like ~50 when fully opened.

Diag mode to activate test:
01: Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves) signal 1 (throttle angle)
Fully closed position 12–21
Fully opened position 97–106

13: Throttle position sensor (for throttle valves) signal 2 (throttle angle)
Fully closed position 9–23
Fully opened position 94–108

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Can't make out anything in the video. However.

- Correct PCV voltages in the Throttle Calibration box should be roughly 0.7 - 3.9 volts.
- The PCV hooked into the TVS (01 and 13 in DIAG mode) changes the reading the computer sees. It will generally be lower with the PCV hooked in. The worse the connection the lower it goes.
- If you are using the "vampire tap" for the TVS wire for the PCV, get ride of it. Solder those wires together, so there is no doubt it is a good connection.

- Don't attempt to the adjust the TPS / TVS until you absolutely certain it needs adjustment. It can be a royal PITA. I have a writeup in my FAQ.

·
Winter Toy, MXZ 800
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
at idle, before it was bouncing around from 0-3 % TPS on the PCV screen.. Not sure what I did, but earlier, I had it in diag01 mode, cranked it and pulled the throttle to WOT a few times, it went into a few other diag modes... now it stays at 0. its warmed up and idles perfect, now im waiting for it to cool down to see what happens.

That video, when i was in diag01 on the bike, and the throttle cal on, it would only go to 28%

1 - 7 of 7 Posts