Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a special edition 2004 R6 and the problem I am having is that everytime I am riding, I will pull in the clutch to downshift while getting ready to stop and the bike will shut off. If you are parked, the bike does not idle very well. Can anyone help?. Also, My fuel light will blink 8 times and then go off for about 2 seconds then blink another 8 times. Please help if you can. Thanks.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,814 Posts
Rejetting is for carb bikes, not FI. I would consult your dealer or your manual to see what that light combinations means. The number of flashes may be the self diagnostic system trying to tell you what the problem is. Sounds like a fuel system malfunction, but then its impossible to tell from here.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have the same problem right now. I changed my fuel tank the other day and since then its been blinking. So perhaps the issue could be a fuel pump or sender. Mine idled rough as well until i turned it up. I even played with the pc3 to see if it was the tune. I will try to put the old tank back on and see what happens.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '03 that had the same problem. If I tried to restart it after it shut off it would idle very strangely. After sitting for a few minutes I could restart the bike again and it would run fine. Many suggested the coils which had a problem in 2003 but it did not correct the problem. This spring I replaced the throttle position sensor and the problem is gone. May not be the same problem but thought I would mention it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a 2004 Special Edition as well but recently changed to the raven set. When i installed the tank i bought i had EXACTLY the same problem as you. Rough idle, dying out, 8 blinks and pause etc.... So I took the old fuel pump from my old tank which worked perfect prior to removal and swapped it out for the pump in the new tank. When I removed the new tank I found a white wire was disconnected and when I hooked up the new tank with the old pump everything worked fine. Here are pics of the damage I found. Your best bet will probably be to pull the tank and flip it upside down and pull the pump to check it like I did. Let us know what you find.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.