Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have raven 08 r6 i was going to get my rearsets and and passenger pegs powdercoated from tripageled..but im not sure if i should do flat black or gloss black what do u guys think will look better...i want that all black look.so im undecided thanks...

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
I would say buy a set of aftermarket rearsets that are black, and keep the stock ones as a spare.. But if not than go with the color of the frame which is flat black

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
I agree wif the other guy, get some new ones and keep your old ones as spares

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would just powdercoat hte ones you have... I dont find it necessary to spend that kind of $$$ on aftermarket rearsets unless you are racing... just my 2 cents. Im going to powdercoat my stock ones when I get around to it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys for the replies ya i didnt want to spend the extra money for new rearsets im leaning towards powdercoating them flat black i think it will flow better with the bike..if anyone has pics of both gloss black or flat i would really appreicate it thankss

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
thanks guys for the replies ya i didnt want to spend the extra money for new rearsets im leaning towards powdercoating them flat black i think it will flow better with the bike..if anyone has pics of both gloss black or flat i would really appreicate it thankss
We are just sayin from experience bro, rearsets can get broke easy if you go down and a spare set is always good to have NOW rather than later ya know?

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
We are just sayin from experience bro, rearsets can get broke easy if you go down and a spare set is always good to have NOW rather than later ya know?
+1000

This is so true ! Aftermarket rearsets won't bend (pegs) if you go down like the stock ones will so they act like frame sliders in a way, for the added protection you get its worth the $ (and you get to keep your stock as spares). Yes most racers use them but that doesn't mean that you can't .. What is it going to cost for the powdercoating ?? just curious..

You can get some good rearsets for as little as $200 new..:cool:

if you decide to coat your stock ones - I vote for Flat Black... again

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
The reason you purchase aftermarket rearsets is they are more adjustable so you can set your feet higher on the pegs to prevent them from scraping the ground. It also allows you to position your feet so that you can get your knee out to drag much easier. Aftermarket rearsets is the way to go if you are going to track your bike. But lots of folks use the OEM rearsets on the track. As for how well do aftermarket rearsets hold up when your bike goes down depends on how your bike went down. They can be destroyed just as easily as the OEM rearsets. But as somebody already mentioned, they will act like framesliders to provide some protection to the bike when it goes down. When it comes to powdercoating your rearsets you must understand they will be prone to chipping. That's going to happen for sure. Some people just flat black their rearsets and touch them up when they need to.

·
R-Sex
422 Posts
x2, not everyone has the money to throw around on spares.

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
y the hell would u need a spare set of rearsets? just get them flat black, will match the frame
By the looks of your avatar, I think you just answered your own question :dunce: :D

What we are trying to do hear is justify the cost of what it will be to powder coat vs. buying aftermarket. You are correct in that not everyone has the $ to throw around, but if its going to add more protection and not much more $ than I think its worth it.. If coating was to cost lets say $100 IMO I would rather put that towards a set of aftermarket rearsets, have the stock ones as spares and just rattle can them flat black.. I have had friends who have yet to be on the track go down unfortunately and their aftermarket rearsets did minimize the damage on their bikes.. Yes the aftermarket rearsets can be damaged too depending on how you crash, but most are rebuildable. You don't have to worry about the pegs folding up like the stock ones do and causing more damage... so again, if the cost is minimal go for the black aftermarket rearsets (Vortex, ValterMoto, Woodcraft or the other ones listed on this site for cheap) If it's cheap to powder coat than def. go with the flat black...

I spend my $ on safety like rearsets, frame/swingarm sliders etc.. before performance parts (exh. PC3 etc..)

·
Super MOD
4,915 Posts
By the looks of your avatar, I think you just answered your own question :dunce: :D

What we are trying to do hear is justify the cost of what it will be to powder coat vs. buying aftermarket. You are correct in that not everyone has the $ to throw around, but if its going to add more protection and not much more $ than I think its worth it.. If coating was to cost lets say $100 IMO I would rather put that towards a set of aftermarket rearsets, have the stock ones as spares and just rattle can them flat black.. I have had friends who have yet to be on the track go down unfortunately and their aftermarket rearsets did minimize the damage on their bikes.. Yes the aftermarket rearsets can be damaged too depending on how you crash, but most are rebuildable. You don't have to worry about the pegs folding up like the stock ones do and causing more damage... so again, if the cost is minimal go for the black aftermarket rearsets (Vortex, ValterMoto, Woodcraft or the other ones listed on this site for cheap) If it's cheap to powder coat than def. go with the flat black...

I spend my $ on safety like rearsets, frame/swingarm sliders etc.. before performance parts (exh. PC3 etc..)
have yet to break a rearset. thats why you have cages :fact

and if someone is going to charge $100 for powdercoating rearsets thats crazy, better be doing a bunch of parts for that price.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks guys for the replies the cost is 25 bucks shipped for the pair..i think im just going to go flat black thanks...

·
El Speedy Gozales
924 Posts
thanks guys for the replies the cost is 25 bucks shipped for the pair..i think im just going to go flat black thanks...
$25 !!! Go for it.. I have never had anything powdercoated so I did not know the costs involved.. But for $25 bux I might do that to mine !!:toocool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok I have a question about rear pegs...I just rode on the back of my R6 for the first time and my knees were killing me. I have been riding on the back of an R1 and I didn't have that pain. Is their any aftermarket rear pegs that are adjustable so that my knees aren't in my throat?

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
pr0n!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
J/k. No seriously here's my advice....DONT RIDE BICH ANYMORE!!! It's your bike ride it!!! My girl tried to swap places w/ me once, so I took her helmet from her, slammed it on her head backwards and hopped on(she was on the back) and started riding :FU

·
Registered
79 Posts
Ok....well in reply to your post....I'm the Bish so lets just get that straight...I want information, not some sexist opinion!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts