Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well everyone that i know with a lisence is busy and everyone else i know has just a permit or no lisence at all lol. so my road test is wednesday aug 13th at 8 30 am in orangeburg ny if anyone would help me out call me at 845 323 9292 or message back on here. thanks

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha thanks anyway. btw what do u have to do on the test i herd figure 8's u turns stopping on a dime and stuff like that

·
2008 Raven R6
244 Posts
I never heard stopping on a dime...

They talk to you and check your bike and papers out before the test, then give you the route you take. The instructor will ride with your "licensed" operator behind you. You usually drive a short distance...a block or 2. When the instructor gives you the route they will tell you where to stop for the "tests".

They are generally just watching for your signals, awareness, and ability to handle the bike. Once stopped you will perform (or attempt to) a u-turn and a figure 8. Thats it. Afterwards you are done and they shake your hand or slap you in the face...(the last part...not so much) :nocontrol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahahah doesnt sound too hard. and idk if you thought literally on a dime lol i mean like stop within a certain amount of feet to see how quick you can stop. but thanks hope i do good

·
Registered
261 Posts
Either you guys are alot older than i thought and took your test in excess of 10 years ago or Michigan motorcycle tests are WAY different! First i was worried about the original situation about getting to my test with someone who was licensed also, so i called them and they told me "listen we aren't the cops, if you want to take the risk getting here on your own it makes no difference to us". So needless to say that's what i did. Which brings me to my second point, you never actually go out on the road. It's done in a parking lot. Here anyway you have to line up on in certain spot go forward then make a 90 degree left turn keeping your front tire between the lines, after to the turn you continue up and have to stop your bike with your front tire completely inside this little box without touching the lines of the box. then you reset, and weave through some cones, then continue turning around to come back and attempt a "U" turn inside the lines. then you reset again and do a fast breaking test, get up to like 25 then once you cross a line hit the breaks hard and you need to stop before you hit the next line. Then reset one last time and hit about 25 again before they will tell you to swerve one way then back the other then that's it. I just took mine about 3 months ago.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
so how did the test go?

here in VA its a fairly easy test, u weave through cones, make a right U turn, make a fast stop from 15 mph etc....
anyone who can maneuver in a parking lot can pass it.

i took mine when i was 16 (7 years ago), i just rode to the DMV w/ my permit, no one asked any questions.
if they do, just say your friend rode w/ u up there, but had to go to work, or something along those lines.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
welll i ended up finding someone and took my test. i passed. it was EASY. i went on the road made a few rights and lefts to get to a backstreet. once i was there she told me to make 2 circles to the left then 2 to the right then 2 firgure 8 without stopping or putting your feet on the ground. wasnt bad at all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.