Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this doesn't go here but I posted in general discussion and got no reply. Hoping to get some replies here so here goes. I was wondering if anyone recommends a transportation service to move my bikes from Buffalo to Dover NH. It would be for my R6S and my girl's ninja 250. Let me know since I know there is a lot out there but I want to make sure I get a good company for my baby. Thanks for the advice in advance. Or if anyone knows if I can fit the bikes in a Uhal truck or Penske please let me know if anyone has tried doing that and how that went.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
If you are moving, and have a trucking company shipping your stuff, you might be able to have them move your bikes with your stuff. That's what I did with my bike from PA to FL.
Other than that, I have no other good suggestions, but I'm sure Someone will.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you are moving, and have a trucking company shipping your stuff, you might be able to have them move your bikes with your stuff. That's what I did with my bike from PA to FL.
Other than that, I have no other good suggestions, but I'm sure Someone will.
Yea that's what I was going to do until the movers moved up my shipping date by a week :mad: so I had to get everything ready in that time and didn't have time to get my bikes up to Rochester where I was living from buffalo because I hurt my foot. Now that my foot is doing a little better I want to get the bikes up here asap.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
Gotchya... You could always rent a U haul truck and tie them down in the back. Drive it back to NH with them in the rear.
Most U haul trucks have some type of tie rings on or near the floor. As long as you tie the bikes down tight you should be okay.
That's just me being creative. I'm sure there are shipping companie that will do it for you though.
How long is your trip?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
about 9 hours (500 miles) I never did see the rings on the ground but then again I never looked for them on the truck. I know they have the rails on the sides.....but that's it. I guess I can see the truck before I rent it to make sure.

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
If there's not tie spots on the floor, I think there's usually a rail REALLY close to the floor. You could probably use that lowest rail as long as there's a solid spot that you can get your tie downs wrapped around. (like a spot on the rail where it's bolted to the wall of the truck)
Even at worst case, as long as you have the bike tied tight, you could use any rail even if its level with the bars. Just tie those bytches tight so that the wont move side to side and fall over. Check them every couple of hours, you should be okay.

But obviously a lower rail would be prefered.

·
Registered
206 Posts
ride it there

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
That was my origional thought too, but I think he's trying to aviod a 500 mile 9 hour trip.

It really isn't THAT bad of a trip. It'll be a little bit of a pain in the arse and wrists, but he would need three people to get there, and get the bikes back. One person to ride his bike one to ride the 250 and one to drive the car that they take over to get the bikes back.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That was my origional thought too, but I think he's trying to aviod a 500 mile 9 hour trip.

It really isn't THAT bad of a trip. It'll be a little bit of a pain in the arse and wrists, but he would need three people to get there, and get the bikes back. One person to ride his bike one to ride the 250 and one to drive the car that they take over to get the bikes back.

And that he you talk about is really a she :lmao but yea i'd be the only one riding it since the girl only has her permit and don't want to ride it that far......

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,925 Posts
And that he you talk about is really a she :lmao but yea i'd be the only one riding it since the girl only has her permit and don't want to ride it that far......

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....

Just messing with you man. Not a bad idea. Nine hours is quite a long time to ride, begginer (on a permit) or experienced with a license. I understand man.

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts