Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am in need of help from my learned R6 brothers and sisters. I have searched the forum and can't find a related answer.

A few days ago my indicators stopped working and for the life of me, I can't figure out why.

Last week I put some new indicator leds in to my head light housing which I wired into the side indicators and they worked fine. Half way to work the next day, I realised that they stopped working. I have disconnected the new leds and checked and replaced the fuse and relay just in case that was the problem but no luck. I wired the exsisting lights directly to the battery to see if they still work and they do. The hazzards don't work and the indicator light on the dash isn't showing either.

It's got me stumped and any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
You need to change the stock flasher relay for one that is made for leds. If the load is to low the turn signals will not work.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I already have led flushmounts and led rears. I've had the led relay installed since i did the conversion last year without any problems. Since they stopped working I have even tried replacing the relay with a new led and a stock version with no luck.

·
MACGYVER 05 R6 NJ
4,033 Posts
Sounds like the circut is not complete. Check all the leds with the battery to make sure they all work. If they do now you will have to test the switch and all the wires. It can be as simple as the switch not getting the 12v.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I would check the wiring again....especially if you didnt solder...Prolly just a ground wire that came loose

1 - 5 of 5 Posts