Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
R6 Lover
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last weekend I got my right side flush mounts on. Initially I was a little dissapointed because the 3 effects seemed to be no different than each other. I said what the hell and installed it with the yellow wire only which should have given me strobe effect.

Then today I get the left side on and use yellow wire only. Immediatly I notice a huge differance. It flashes way faster than the right side. I asume that I put a different effect on the other side so I try all 3 possible wire combos. None of them match up with the right side. Also the right side is noticably duller than the left on any setting. Did I wire the right side incorrectly? Like is it possible to have the right side still funtion even though I matched up the wrong wires??

Anybody have any idea what the heck I should do?

Please I got my bike in pieces and its getting later and I have to work tomorrow please help me!

·
R6 Lover
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Godamn it so know I got both fairings off and switched them out to see what happens and it seems the left side is the only one that works properly. SHIT.

So now I dont know wtf to do . Maybe they are defective?

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Do you have an integrated tail light? Did you switch out the relay? I have the CLED integrated tail light, CLED programeable relay, and Proton Flushies...all work with no problem.

·
Go Ahead
2,705 Posts
Do you have an integrated tail light? Did you switch out the relay? I have the CLED integrated tail light, CLED programeable relay, and Proton Flushies...all work with no problem.
:werd

If the lights are lighting up and flashing properly (excluding speed) you have the wires correct. But it sounds like you need a turn signal relay to slow them back down.

-Ant.

·
I like bbq sauce on my R6
2,146 Posts
what year is your bike? mine installed just fine in my 05 with a hotobodies undertail for my rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts