Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
r6 4 La la laaaa LIFE
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of buying the hotbodies undertail exhaust for my 2003 yamaha r6...before i spend 800$ on this exhaust i need to hear from some people that my have ran into this exhaust or may even be using it. let me know! Thank you in advance!!

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
DONT BUY IT... There are WAY too many people who have TONS of problems with these. Their fit and finish is HORRIBLE, they don't mount up nicely, they get HOT and melt shyt, they don't sound that good. That's just the beggining of the list.

If you have 300 bucks to spend on an exhaust, I would suggest that you keep saving for a little while, and get yourself a QUALITY product for a hundred or so more dollars man.

Scorpions are REALLY nice. That's what I run. They sound GREAT. Low growl at low revs and SCREAMS up high.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The other thing is this: you can spend $800 on a slip-on, or you can spend a couple hundred more to get a full system. Or, you can spend that money on a trackday and realize that a slipon or even a full system isn't worth squat.

·
r6 4 La la laaaa LIFE
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what kind of exhaust would you guys recommend? i have a Jardine RT - 1 that i cut down ...not too bad but is too loud now and i lost some mid range power..im willing to spend money on a full system ...so let me know what is good slip on and full system.
thanks

·
r6 4 La la laaaa LIFE
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no thanks..not interested in scorpion. thanks tho

·
Shiney up Rubber down
4,936 Posts
I highly recommend the scorpions. They are manufactured by the same folks as Akrapovic Exhaust products are... so, you know they are great quality.
The only other ones that I would run on my bike are the Akrapovic, and possibly and Arrow, I would consider the KRTuned, I have been hearing alot of good things about them lately.

Mainly Akrapovic though... I would run their stuff on ANY bike.

·
goofball royale
161 Posts
+1 on not getting the hotbodies. My buddy just got one on his new R6S. :yuk: First of all, look at this retarded midpipe (he's gonna kill me if he sees this hahaha). Look how far it sticks out, not to mention that's normally where the back of his boot goes. He had to put heat wrap around it because it was melting his heel, and he already wore through the tape after a couple of weeks. It's poorly engineered.

Not to mention it takes away what little storage you have under the pillion. Just get a good slip-on and save some dough.

As for what slip-on to choose, just pick the one you like the looks of the best. They're not good for much except looks, sound and maybe a little weight, so don't blow a lot of money on it either. Any of the bigger names will work fine. I have a Yoshimura which was relatively cheap and hasn't given me any trouble. Yoshimura also has an optional insert (mounts w/ 2 hex screws) which brings down the noise a few decibels if your neighbors hate you.

Here's mine:

Edit: I just read your comment about being willing to spend $$ on a full system. Unless you're club racing at the track and really need the weight savings, I wouldn't spend the extra money on it. Just get a nice looking slip-on and save the extra dough for something else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts