1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I look outside,I say,****
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
looks good, but your running wide on your lines in some parts, I could make it out that saturday but will be there monday in the rain. Let me know next time you head out.

·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good, but your running wide on your lines in some parts, I could make it out that saturday but will be there monday in the rain. Let me know next time you head out.
Yeah exiting 4 I would run wide on purpose to cut in a really late apex to pass but when there was no one there I couldn't always get it right. And the carousel long right after that I would run wide near the end to get a better drive as it tightens up (decreasing radius). and on the last corner I'm taking too slow...just not comfortable with the bumps.

That was only our second session in the dry so I was finding new bumps on the different lines I was going. Had a blast though.

·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Oh and I wanted to ask about Beaver Run? have you ever been there? I hear it's a bit smoother, proper road course

·
I hate you Turn 4!
1,890 Posts
Oh and I wanted to ask about Beaver Run? have you ever been there? I hear it's a bit smoother, proper road course
No I never got to go to Beaver Run, Ended up out of town each time last year. From some of the guys I've talked to. Nelson's is a fast course, Beaver is more a technical course.

Sucks though they canceled the track day a nelson's Monday last minute so me and my buddy drove up there for nothing and could have gone to mid ohio instead. Oh well, I'll end up going to either mid-ohio monday and/or nelsons next month on saturday. But this crap weather in ohio needs to stop.:thumbdown

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
beaverun is a great track. two really fast kinks with the back straight in between. both can be taken at full throttle if you have the guts. i had a good time there last summer...

s3aturnr

·
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I never got to go to Beaver Run, Ended up out of town each time last year. From some of the guys I've talked to. Nelson's is a fast course, Beaver is more a technical course.

Sucks though they canceled the track day a nelson's Monday last minute so me and my buddy drove up there for nothing and could have gone to mid ohio instead. Oh well, I'll end up going to either mid-ohio monday and/or nelsons next month on saturday. But this crap weather in ohio needs to stop.:thumbdown
Cool I'd like a more technical track. I feel I can learn more about riding doing some switch backs as opposed to just long sweepers. And as for the weather...
Yes I agree 100% I'm up in Cleveland and we're calling it Cleattle because it won't stop raining. Feel like a whole new era of grunge music is about to happen soon.

beaverun is a great track. two really fast kinks with the back straight in between. both can be taken at full throttle if you have the guts. i had a good time there last summer...

s3aturnr
Cool I'll look into it. I really just want to get to Deal's Gap again...it's been a while since I've been there. Yeah 2 years! :eek5 I gotta get down there ASAP.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts