Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

NESBA NJMP July 18, 2011 B Group Video

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  WristTwister 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to post this if anyone wanted to see a lap at Thunderbolt in the B group.

Anyone who feels the need to be critical or post negative impressions probably shouldn't even bother watching it at all, so don't.

This is for entertainment and informative purposes only for anyone that wants to simply see a GoPro Hero HD with the non-waterproof door attached at speed as well as what a slow old man's 2 laps around Thunderbolt is like.

Have a great day.

#3 ·
Anyone who feels the need to be critical or post negative impressions probably shouldn't even bother watching it at all, so don't.
how about positive criticism? looks like a very fun track and you're carrying some good speed, but it seems like the bike wants a lower gear around some of those corners. keep up the good work, tho...

s3aturnr

#4 ·
Yeah Diesel, I'm hoping to get out there at least one more time this year. Was scheduled for Aug 29 but it's my daughter's first day back in school (2nd grade). I had to reschedule - hoping for mid-September.

Let me know if you are going to be out there.

S3aturnR, thanks for the positive words. There's no doubt the bike needed a serious downshift, but since it was my first time riding the R6 at speed, first time with NESBA, first time riding NJMP, first time since the major crash in 2008, I had a lot to get comfortable with again. I didn't even get the suspension preload set because I had no-one to help me!

Not that any of it would have mattered, I'm old and slow no matter what.

As far as the track, coming out of T3 and cresting the hill I still had to apply some rear brake while accelerating to keep the front end on the ground - with no damper. Turn 5 is the one everyone talks about, but turn 8 is the long decreasing radius that put the fear in me.

Hopefully time will determine if I'm ready to push at all again or if that's just plenty of fun already, and since I'm never going to be sponsored, I'll probably stick with the latter and enjoy the view going slow.

Thanks again for your input, guys.

#7 ·
I'm hoping to do the 16-17. Are you going to do NESBA even with the CCS in the same week?

Man, you might be tired!

#8 ·
Cool vid.. There are some tricky spots that take a while to get used to, if turn 8 is what I think it is then it took me a while to get used too.. You can work on your lines a little bit so just try that next time..

Planning anymore days? We usually do days with Absolute, there is a NE track thread so feel free to post in there and we can set some track days up.

:cheers

#10 ·
Jmejiaa, I'll get on the NE track thread, thanks for the info. I'm still hoping to get out there end of September.

Diesel, I assume you're still in college? I would have loved to be doing track days in college!

So my question for both of you is this:

Coming around the long right hander before the sharp decreasing radius, what is the proper technique going through there? That's what this thread is for, right?

After coming out of 7, it seems easy to carry a lot of speed through the long right hander, but all of a sudden I'd have to brake hard right before the sharp change in radius while leaned over. Without having a good plan in place, I simply rode around the turn at a modest pace so I could simply roll off before the change.

HELP!

#11 ·
Yep still in college. For the long right, wide ****in open in 3rd gear, then find a good spot to start slowing for the decreasing radius, trail brake then let it drop in.

Here's one of my laps from earlier this year before I got bumped to A.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.