Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I recently bought this V-Can V-136 helmet but never heard of that brand, I asked the guy and he said it was a racing helmet so im guessing i could trust it since they need extra protection so did i buy a regular plastic for my head or did i make a good investment?????

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
Sorry to sound like a dick, but I wouldn't put my head in it. Sure, it's better than nothing, but it's like a $50 DOT approved helmet. I see they are available at sports authority, etc..

I would return it if possible and go with something that has a snell rating and some reputation to back it. For a little more than you paid for that helmet you could have had a nice scorpion. They are reputable and affordable.

·
Premium Member
1,627 Posts
Ride the Streets in comfort and style with the V Can V136. This DOT approved, full face helmet is made with a lightweight, yet durable ABS thermoplastic resin shell to keep you safe
:dunce:

·
Premium Member
30,458 Posts
ewwww... you got burned. get your money back, and put it towards a good helment. scorpion exo-700 can be had for ~125 or so and they're good lids. not the best, but GREAT for the price. had a buddy total his race bike one race in a 700 - walked away. he was loopy, but he lived (what happens when you faceplant on the concrete at ~90) :eek:

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
ewwww... you got burned. get your money back, and put it towards a good helment. scorpion exo-700 can be had for ~125 or so and they're good lids. not the best, but GREAT for the price. had a buddy total his race bike one race in a 700 - walked away. he was loopy, but he lived (what happens when you faceplant on the concrete at ~90) :eek:
wait, it's totalled???

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
EXO-1000 helmets can be had for $100 right now. The apollo styles.

Don't trust anything anyone says unless you've researched it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts