Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam a newjack so i need some help here yall...and any advice would help!
Just bought a 05 r6 and i was wondering what is a good exhuast system?

my budget is $350-800.... thanks ....[/b] :?:

·
Registered
267 Posts
with that budget, you can get any slip-on you want. a full exhaust system will cost more than your budget. but if you're not racing, then a slip-on is all you need. go to Hammy the Can Man's website and get a quote.
:flame

·
Registered
110 Posts
There are so many you can choose from. Micron, Termignoni, Yoshimura, Blue flame, are a few among many that make nice slip-ons.

·
Registered
109 Posts
my two favorites are devil (which i have and LOVE) and blue flame. everyone that hears my devil slip says it sounds perfect.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,734 Posts
I'm uploading the sound files from that SportRider test RIGHT NOW, it's 35Mb and I'm on capped cable, so give me a few minutes.

EDIT: Damnet seems really slow, I'm going to eat and when I get back, hopefully the file will be uploaded.

EDIT EDIT: Damnet is too damn slow, the file wouldn't upload.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i still have my stock exhuast which sux .. but i heard that DEVIL .. freggin NICE .. nothin beats it .. i almost changed my mind to Micron but i love the sound of the Devil ( Devil sb2 polished to be exact ) .. as i've said in other post, ill have mine b4 riddin season .. thanx for that link very helpful :drink

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
NoLegs said:
I didn't realize the sound clips where still on the Sportrider website. I noticed Suhas posted in another topic, so here are the sounds I was trying post up in a .zip file:

http://www.sportrider.com/tech/146_0410_pipe_clips/

NoLegs thankz for the site really helped me out.... thankz...

oh does it show anywhere in that same article on the hp gains on any of the exhuast?

·
Yamaland
2,309 Posts
^^^ i agree....i think im about to spend some money?

Anyone know where the best place is to get a devil sb2 highmount?

·
Registered
416 Posts
Brain "Hammy the Can Man" .. he'll give u the cheapest price believe me ive looked around, ex: ebay and otha places were soo much more near the 500 range .. just email him tru his website and he'lll give u a TYD (to your door) price just can't beat it ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What about that Hotbodies undertail exhaust any good?

i seen one the other day, looked and sounded pretty nice..?

can "hammy the can man" crack a deal on those? :?:

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've listened to a few of them so far. The GYT-R sounds decent, but so far I like the Micron. I plan to listen to all of them later tonight. I really want to get a different pipe for my bike, but still haven't decided what to buy. I'll probably wait until the bike is at least broken in properly.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts