Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
****** BIKER ASH KATCHUM
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new sportsbike owner to me the R6 is the holy grail of 600s and i was fortunate enough to get the bike I wanted for my first bike. However the bike in which I purchased from the dealer did go down prior to my ownership. the scratch is on the Throttle\Front Brake\Rear Brake side and is on the lower part of the bike. I understand that I have to replace the farring but what I'm having difficulty finding is how to replace individual farrings instead of the entire kit. Is there a blueprint anywhere indicating what each farring is called? Would it be easier to just paint over the scratch that is noticeable? I have the orange and black 09 R6rr so I am just trying to figure out the best route without breaking my pockets.

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
Post a picture. We'll tell you what the fairing piece is called.

Your bike is just an R6. Not R6R. Not R6RR. Just a 2009 R6. Sorry. It's a pet peeve when people start getting creative with the model names, and it starts to make it really f'n confusing which one you're actually talking about.

·
****** BIKER ASH KATCHUM
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was looking to replace the bottom farring near the Yamaha logo. Where the scratch is sticking out like a sore thum

1 - 5 of 5 Posts