Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a r6 and I have been lookin at some mods.. I dont really know as much about bikes as I would want to...but im workin on that. Im lookin at puttin some flush mount flashers up front and some other simple mods. Anyone got any recommendations for performance mods etc.

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
your best bet would be to steer clear of performance mods to you have a good feel of the bike. I have the same bike, and it stock was plenty enough for any new rider. As you start to get more comfortable on it, you could look into exhausts, different sprockets, PCIII and so on.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I think just about everyone will agree that the first thing you need to mod is the addition of a good set of sliders. After that... go nuts! Performance-wise... you need very few mods. You've got a top notch bike already=)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya that is a good point..im lookin at some shogun frame sliders...def some no cut ones.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
Brakes

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you guys have full frame slider kits? Most of the ones that I have been looking at just look like two piece sets...roughly about 60-100 bucks.

·
Registered
998 Posts
MSF course, Watch some crash clips on youtube (try to find out how it could of been avoided), Frame Sliders, Proton Flushmounts,Fender Eliminator, New grips and levers, HIDs, rear seat cowl. The list is very long and expensive.

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
i have a set of shoguns also, worked great when i dropped my bike. Woodcraft would def be my second choice, or even some race railz.

·
Crapper was full...
2,109 Posts
get some decent protection for you and your bike... (sliders and gear)

·
Atom Smasher
861 Posts
youre right they probably are as good as any in protecting your bike but i just dont like the finish on them. they look cheap :) but thats just my opinion
I don't know? Machined Delrin looked pretty good to me?

·
Registered
56 Posts
correct me if im wrong but ive been told that HIDs make riding more dangerous because there so bright that it makes cars even harder to see you. Dont know too much im looking in to getting a bike so dont take it offensively just my .02

·
Registered
998 Posts
correct me if im wrong but ive been told that HIDs make riding more dangerous because there so bright that it makes cars even harder to see you. Dont know too much im looking in to getting a bike so dont take it offensively just my .02

They are not blinding bright like driving with your brights on at night. You see more road at night with them and they look better. Aslong as you have you low beam on the reflector doesn't allow it to shine into oncoming traffics eyes like your brights. Also who is going to drive into a bright light? I think who ever told you that is starting a rumor.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts