Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
The white sucks.... KTM is and ORANGE AND BLACK company, this white looks unfinished to me. Im rather disappointed in the looks of it.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Nothing a rattle can and a six pack wouldn't fix...
$500 for a new set of slicks.... $1200 for a new set of leathers..... $800 for a new helmet..... $18,000 for a new KTM RC8R Track...... Rattlecanning the plastics while drinking schlitz maly liquour......PRICELESS!!!!!!

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
$500 for a new set of slicks.... $1200 for a new set of leathers..... $800 for a new helmet..... $18,000 for a new KTM RC8R Track...... Rattlecanning the plastics while drinking schlitz maly liquour......PRICELESS!!!!!!
:cheers :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink :drink

·
slow guy
4,409 Posts
Looks badass to me. black is too played out anyways.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I wonder what the windscreen costs. Its all of about 1 square foot of plastic, tops.... betcha its spendy...:laugh KTM = Keeps Taking Money

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
looks sexy :hump

just the same as the Akrapovich RC8R edition with the Dymag CF wheels and CF bodywork

wonder if there are any motor differences??
^^^ Don't think that's the Akra edition... they had that bike at EICMA a couple of years ago, and IIRC, it was a RC8R built with parts from KTM's Hard Parts catalog. Akra edition (like Red Bull edition) is the limited edition paint scheme with KTM supplied race kit ("stage 1" - exhaust/ECU etc.).

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Id flip it...

I had an 89 KTM250 back in the day (left side kick start, right side sprockets/chain)...blew the top end on it and that shit cost me $800...for a top end on a 2 stroke!!!

Yeah, that was the last time I ever owned a KTM...their latest bikes are pretty sexy though...

·
Hey Guy
5,290 Posts
I think we'd be lucky if it were that cheap....

I wish Yamaha would do something like this. I dont really want a street bike, im looking for a track only bike and there's no point in paying extra for shit i wont use.
FWIW, Ford has been doing this since the 60's with the Mustang. They still sell "racing only" versions of the mustang that are basically meat and potatoes versions of the car.

·
AFM #327
15,209 Posts
^^^ Don't think that's the Akra edition... they had that bike at EICMA a couple of years ago, and IIRC, it was a RC8R built with parts from KTM's Hard Parts catalog. Akra edition (like Red Bull edition) is the limited edition paint scheme with KTM supplied race kit ("stage 1" - exhaust/ECU etc.).

thats what I was told at Skip Barber racing school, Laguna Seca :confused:

either one will work for me, as long as its cheap (in my terms) :sing

·
Registered
6,864 Posts
any one have any response to KTM in wsbk or any other series for that matter....my knowledge isn't as vast on this aspect of the sport as maxxx's or red's is

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thats what I was told at Skip Barber racing school, Laguna Seca :confused:

either one will work for me, as long as its cheap (in my terms) :sing
I saw the Skip Barber bikes on display at Laguna, but I don't remember seeing that one. I'll trust the word of the Austrian guy at the KTM display.

·
Is this a segment?
17,688 Posts
The white sucks.... KTM is and ORANGE AND BLACK company, this white looks unfinished to me. Im rather disappointed in the looks of it.
I love white bikes, but I'm with you on that one. It does look unfinished

Nothing a rattle can and a six pack wouldn't fix...
:laugh

any one have any response to KTM in wsbk or any other series for that matter....my knowledge isn't as vast on this aspect of the sport as maxxx's or red's is
Bump for answers! :rant

·
Registered
52,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
The KTM RC8R is running in German International Superbike (IDM). I don't know if they have plans to go WSBK as a factory effort yet. Many of speculated, but KTM has not formally announced plans as of yet. I don't think we will see them until 2012 at the earliest.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
not bad looking. tail is the best part of the bike though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts