Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well my battery is done on my 6. I found a permaseal battery at batteriesplus.com for 79? Are they any good? To they fit like stock battery? I don't want to buy it and have it go bad fast when I could have spent I little extra and got a longer lasting one.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
Ok, well my battery is done on my 6. I found a permaseal battery at batteriesplus.com for 79? Are they any good? To they fit like stock battery? I don't want to buy it and have it go bad fast when I could have spent I little extra and got a longer lasting one.
Is that a battery you have to fill with water?? If so, you don't want that. You need a sealed maintenance free battery.

·
2006 R6
21 Posts
I just replaced mine a few weeks ago with one off ebay. Sealed, maintenance free, for $24. I figure even if I have to replace it once or twice a year, I'll still be ahead cost-wise. This is the battery I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0520977592&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Even after sitting for a week in my garage in 20-degree weather, it hadn't lost any power. I guess time will tell about the quality though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i have the XTREME AGM permaseal from the same place and its a great battery, comes with a warranty also i didnt pay so much for it though havent had a single problem with it yet

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
nice thing about a agm battery is you don't need to charge it over the winter.
they can sit 12 months without a charge due to their super low self discharge rate.
compare that to a standard lead acid battery that has to be charged once a month.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
i need a new battery as well and i dont want to spend a whole lot on it im thinking about picking up this Scorpion (Link) its $56 shipped... but i am going to be doing a HID kit most likey the DDM and motodynamic tail light (link) and maybe over the summer some LEDs, and i already have an alarm installed now my question is will this battery hold up? i know it has a one year warranty but idk if im going to be running to much for it

any input would be great i want to order this ASAP so post back

·
Prostar
477 Posts
I just bought a Shorai, which in many ways is similar to the Ballistic.

The new generation of motorcycle batteries may seem a bit more expensive, but the benefits are worth it. I looked at it this way, I can now sell my battery charger to offset the cost difference as with the new battery I will never need to charge it again.

When you add that the new batteries save a TON of weight the choice to me was obvious. Consider the fact that people often pay hundreds or thousands to shave off a few pounds.

Oh, and the lower profile of the battery makes it easier to run wires and also easier to remove the battery.

I say spend the few extra bucks and get a Ballistic or Shorai; you won't regret it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just replaced mine a few weeks ago with one off ebay. Sealed, maintenance free, for $24. I figure even if I have to replace it once or twice a year, I'll still be ahead cost-wise. This is the battery I got: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0520977592&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Even after sitting for a week in my garage in 20-degree weather, it hadn't lost any power. I guess time will tell about the quality though.
^Keep us up to date on how that battery holds up man, that's a steal if it lasts a while!

i need a new battery as well and i dont want to spend a whole lot on it im thinking about picking up this Scorpion (Link) its $56 shipped... but i am going to be doing a HID kit most likey the DDM and motodynamic tail light (link) and maybe over the summer some LEDs, and i already have an alarm installed now my question is will this battery hold up? i know it has a one year warranty but idk if im going to be running to much for it

any input would be great i want to order this ASAP so post back

I can't tell you for sure if it will power all of your accessories, but I know the scorpion I just bought from them cranks my R6 with easeeee. I didn't precharge(not sure if it would've even helped) but straight out of the box it started my non-running bike on the first turn over.

Like I said man I won't guarantee it, but judging by how effortlessly mine starts, I'd bet you'd be safe with a Scorpion.

·
tall fcukin mutha fcuker
2,751 Posts
cool thanks ill order it and if i have a problem with it ill just return it or something

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts