Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My husband and I just purchased a new Red 07 R6. We've both had some experience riding dirt bikes and atv's, but this was a new challenge and most of the guys I work with own Yamaha's, so we decided to get one. Let me just say, I knew nothing about riding a bike when it came to this. The first time I got on the bike, I had no trouble starting it or taking off, but I did however have an issue with turning out of the drive way. Yup, anyone with experience, I'm sure you guessed it, I went in a complete turn and laid it down in the grass on the side of the road. I wasn't hurt, crap I was only going maybe 5 mph when it happened and now I know, that was part of the problem. I have now owned my bike for several weeks and have taken it out and practiced turning and stopping and starting the bike and realized it's gonna be a blast. I plan on riding it into work to show it off pretty soon, cuz we'll have a red 07 r6, blue 07 r6, and a gray 07 r1, taste the rainbow!!!! Well just wanted to say hi and let everyone know that I'm glad to be part of the bike family now! Take care and be safe!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Samurai and IceHcky! Hey Ice do you know where Whiteman AFB is in Knob Noster MO? I live near there!

·
Mr. B (Florida Boy)
1,533 Posts
WELCOME!!! Enjoy!:drink

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello fellow chicky rider! =)

When I first started riding I only had experience on atv's and I had alot of trouble turning haha. I think mainly because I was a little scared of leaning it and I didn't want to go to fast around the turns. I kept trying to turn the handle bars alot like on the 4wheeler, which was throwing my balance off. Also I was scared of the bike and of laying her over and messing her up. I used to take mine to the local highschool parking lot and just went around and around until I could make slighty tighter turns (which weren't that tight). Then I decided until me and this bike like one another this is never going to happen. So I finally just took her out on the highway (its not a big high way lol) and just rode for a couple days just to get comfortable. Once I got my confidence up I saw a huge difference in how I was taking those turns out of the drive way and at those pesky stop signs.

Now I'm all but addicted =D I don't know if this bike was mainly your husbands, but if it is you might as well tell him to go get his own bike! lol He we will never disconnect your rear from the seat now. =D

·
Registered
206 Posts
nice bikes welcome to the boards
take an msf course before showing off, and if you and your husband only have expirience on dirt, then stay away from the r1.

the r6 will keep you busy for at least a few seasons lol

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
welcome to the forum!!!!!

the the msf saftey course, get helmet, jacket, gloves, and boots, and lastly get frame sliders incase the bike goes down again.

maybe you already have all this if so great, if not then heres you fist set of mods.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
love the red.welcome

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's funny! Babe, I like how you mention throughout about both of us getting the bike, but only refer to it as being yours. There's no "me" in the R6, it's ours!! Love ya, the other half :)

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
i don't think i'd ever be able to share my bike with anyone, heh, ALL MINE!!!

·
Premium Member
18,783 Posts
That's funny! Babe, I like how you mention throughout about both of us getting the bike, but only refer to it as being yours. There's no "me" in the R6, it's ours!! Love ya, the other half :)
Haha. That's good. Gratz on the new R6. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! Hope to just keep learning about the bike and havin fun!

Haha. That's good. Gratz on the new R6. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Welcome Both Of Ya

1 - 16 of 16 Posts