Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.. new biker here! Brand new for street bikes anyway.. just barely venturing out of the neighborhood :)

It's all smiles every time!

·
track junkie
2,257 Posts
Hey guys.. new biker here! Brand new for street bikes anyway.. just barely venturing out of the neighborhood :)

It's all smiles every time!

ok, dude, your "gear" is killin' me. also, your form needs a little work. try not to lock out your elbows when you ride. squeeze your legs into the tank and hold yourself up with your trunk. you should be able to take ALL the weight off your hands when you ride and still not fall over.

gear, dude. look into it. you hit the ground like that and they take you straight to the burn unit. with gear you have a chance to walk away...

s3aturnr

p.s. welcome aboard!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gear... :werd
Where's the best place to start? Any recommended shops in LA?

I don't start riding this full time until November. I'm just taking baby steps at the moment.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sweet ride, but yeah, gear dude. I try to stay away from local shops, because you can usually find better deals online.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you guys think about over-pants?
Also looking for boots but I'm not interested in full race boots.. just going to the office.

Thanks for the thoughts!

·
All out or nothing!
2 Posts
Yea bro... spend your money in good gear before your spend money in your bike, and go to the track (you will have the time of your life there). Later!

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
What do you guys think about over-pants?
Also looking for boots but I'm not interested in full race boots.. just going to the office.

Thanks for the thoughts!
Google broken ankle & motorcycle crashes... You're view on race boots will change. :sing

·
Track=Cocaine
13,523 Posts
Welcome to a whole new lifestyle! Its the R6 nation...

I must say tho, posting a pic like that and saying your a brand new rider... Ur gonna get flamed big time! :jacked

We all know you may :love with your new R6, but we all dont wanna see your next thread consisting of massive amount of road rash pics! Just sayin brutha, ride safe...

Attachments

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
:wave

Look up the forum sponsors and check out sportbiketrackgear.com

TJ will set you up with a great deal on some leather gear.

Get yourself a leather jacket with padding and some gauntlet gloves.

I have the alpinestars riding shoes/boots. They are pretty nice. I wear my full boots all the time now that I have them, but the other ones aren't bad for getting back and forth to the office.

·
Premium Member
12,093 Posts
This will not end well for you. :fact<--clicky

Get some gear, tan those legs, and work on your body position.

Welcome to the forum :wave

1 - 20 of 34 Posts