Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be get a new used bike soon and can't really decide which one to get. I have a few in mind.

2005 yamahar6 $4000
2006 GSXR600 $3000 (seems too good too be this price on craigslist)
2005 cbr f4i 600 $4000
2008 gsx650f $5000

Those are the main ones I really like. Do you think it is too much to jump from a 900cc cruiser to a 600cc sport or super sport bike? I'm sure I can handle it. I'm not a throttle junky unless it's appropriately used ;)

·
Registered
421 Posts
That 06 gixxer is a steal and will eat the others but it sounds a little to good to be true. The 05 isnt a bad choice either.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Of those, 06 gixxer /thread

·
I love my R6
63 Posts
If you can provide us more info on the bikes like condition and miles then it would be easier to chose. Honestly, get the bike you like the most.

I got my 05 R6 with 3300 miles and in perfect condition with mods and extras for $4000 in Dec. 2009.

I love my 05 R6! I say get it but try to bring the price down.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'd probably go for the 05 R6 try talkin him down on the price. That does sound like a hell of a deal on the 06 Gixxer, a little to good, probably not well taken care of either

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
I'd probably go for the 05 R6 try talkin him down on the price. That does sound like a hell of a deal on the 06 Gixxer, a little to good, probably not well taken care of either
:werd

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
this is r6-forum dude...
so.... The biggest postwhore on this forum doesnt even own an r6... and being the second biggest postwhore, my kawis outnumber my r6s..... Dont be ignant...:laugh

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Well, it's like going to a Catholic church and asking a priest "Hey, I'm pregnant. Should I keep the baby or abort it?" You kind of know the outcome before he even answers. The priest is gonna be all like "bro, drop that shit like a hot potato."

·
I pee in the shower.
696 Posts
Well, it's like going to a Catholic church and asking a priest "Hey, I'm pregnant. Should I keep the baby or abort it?" You kind of know the outcome before he even answers. The priest is gonna be all like "bro, drop that shit like a hot potato."
:lmao True that man.

GSXR is probably a scam.. They're getting better at it now. I'd go for the '05 R6. And order a racefit growler for it :D
The 05's were great looking bikes. I looked at an '05 right before coming across my '07.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
What are you trying to say? :poke :laugh
Im trying to say that its stupid to assume that the r6 is the only middleweight worth mentioning..... especially in you include entrants from across the pond:fact

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I know, Bro... sometimes this forum is among the most "bike-racist" places I've ever experienced...
I know.... its funny to hear how bad ass everyone's r6 is knowing that 99% of people on here would get raped and left for dead by little kids on eighth liter RS 125s at the track of their choice...:laugh

Didnt Eslick win last year on a gixxer? didnt Elena Myers win Infineon as a young girl on a gixxer? I must have been watching fantasy racing....:laugh

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
I was just saying most guys on here are brand loyal, had nothing to do with my preferences...
lol
Brand loyalty is the first sign of ignorance in the supersport motorcycling world:fact

·
Le Troll
3,335 Posts
Well FWIW I was incredibly close to getting a 600rr. I like them just as much as the r6 to be honest. I've never been "brand loyal" or anything like it, I just liked Yamaha and Honda about the same, but I found a better deal on the r6.

Kawi's aren't bad but they're fugly IMO

And GSX-R's are just too common, nothing against the quality though

And italian bikes...don't get me started. Love those damn things

1 - 20 of 32 Posts