Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
My "6" is like super size
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.

I was reading a thread about a Yamaha reflector recall and I was reading how many people usually pull these off as soon as they get home. Well, what else do you usually do?

I.e. you get a new bike (for relevance purposes, a new R6) home for the first time - what do you do first?

·
Just another r6'er
955 Posts
get rid of fender. Integrated tail, either fender eliminator or the "free fender eliminator" . Indicators to flushies. I did this as soon as i got the bike. Then exhaust, powercommander (don't have done yet) and hid's (also not done yet). Reflectors gone.

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Mudflap on the back of the bike with Fender eliminator kit, reflectors, Flush mount turn signals, remove the rear pegs (if you plan not to carry anyone), then make more money and research awesome mods on this forum.

·
R1+5
507 Posts
well i already bought parts before i bought my ride, had a slip-on, kept the reflectors on , chop the licence plate plastic until i bought a small one, tank protector, triple clamp carbon fiber, led turn signals, levers but bought a new set with colors now and yeah thats pretty much what i can think of the first time

·
Registered
360 Posts
HID's ftw! Oh yeah and make a fender eliminator for like 5 bucks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Your wallet is going to hate you for asking this question the first thing is some frame sliders or it can all be gone in a matter of seconds. I've had mine since June 30 and have done
Frame Sliders
HID Kit the best one so far if you do alot of night riding
Fender Eleminator kit
Windscreen
HR1 exhaust on order
Arrow Header on order
And in the next few weeks
PCV, Block Off Plates, Air Filter, and EXUP and then I'll be broke :werd

·
Registered
561 Posts
badges and stickers gone, reflectors gone, and that ugly factory plate bracket gone. the other stuff can wait a little bit (a day or two) but as soon as i got the bike home that's what i did

·
Premium Member
20,431 Posts
I took it home. Geared up and took it back out. Wasn't tell winter I really started doing anything to it.

·
Registered
360 Posts
make your own block off plates... save 30 bucks theres a how to on here somewhere, cost me 3.95 for parts

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
All visual mods so far, when I'm done being dead broke I'll get more gear then worry about performance mods.

·
Registered
282 Posts
First, you should ride it until it hurts. Then start with the basics, not too expensive stuff. Frame sliders should be a top priority. Tank pad, remove unwanted stickers (I just did the one on the tank), and a fender eliminator, integrated tail light.

·
TRAVELER
565 Posts
Is this your first bike? How long have you been riding? The first things I would do regardless if this was my first bike or not will be the following (in the same order too):

1. Suspension. Get your suspension setup for your weight.
2. Tires. Better tires will keep you planted.
3. Brakes. Upgrade your brakes to help her stop better.

You can spend all your money on the visual mods but the items above will help you control her better when that "OH SHIT" moment happens.

Spend the rest of your hard earned dollar for track days if this is available for you. But if you just want to look cool, then go with what everyone said already. My .02

Robin

·
Registered
282 Posts
Is this your first bike? How long have you been riding? The first things I would do regardless if this was my first bike or not will be the following (in the same order too):

You can spend all your money on the visual mods but the items above will help you control her better when that "OH SHIT" moment happens.

Spend the rest of your hard earned dollar for track days if this is available for you. But if you just want to look cool, then go with what everyone said already. My .02

Robin
Are the stock tires really that bad? Besides, if it's your first bike, you aren't going to be pushing it that hard.

Same thing with the brakes. I could see the brakes fading a little when they get too much heat in them at the track, but is that really an issue on the street? I doubt it, personally.

·
My "6" is like super size
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Robin
Nope. I'm not getting another bike anytime soon. I have two already. :YEA

Essentially, I'm just taking a poll. I'm curious.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts