Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I was attempting to bleed my brakes today (like I have several times before), and it appears that my back brake bleed nipple nut will NOT unscrew for anything! In my attempts (using an 8mm wrench), the nut has been rounded out (mostly). My question is this; Is it possible to replace the nut (or for a mechanic to replace it) or do I have to get a whole need brake caliper? :\

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
You can replace just the bleeder. Order one online, go to the dealer, or just steal one from someone else. What's the worst that could happen?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys. I looked into brake bleeder screws and I found a post saying Autozone should have them (and that car bleeder screws are pretty much the same size)? 8mm x 1.25?

Also, when replacing... I'm assuming I will need to remove all the fluid first? I've never replaced the entire screw before, so sorry for the noobiness. >.<

·
2 > 4
156 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I looked into brake bleeder screws and I found a post saying Autozone should have them (and that car bleeder screws are pretty much the same size)? 8mm x 1.25?

Also, when replacing... I'm assuming I will need to remove all the fluid first? I've never replaced the entire screw before, so sorry for the noobiness. >.<
You can remove the bleeder without draining the fluid. You might get a few drips, but nothing crazy. You should bleed the brakes after though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts