Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been about a week since I installed my new Bohemian rearsets, and I finally got around to taking a few quick pics after what may have been my last ride of the season.

Anyways, I want to first say that I love these rearsets. They feel amazing, and the quality is top notch! I just couldn't see myself dropping $500+ on a set, and I was set on getting a new pair. I ended up running in to Bohemians, did some research, and found that this was definitely the way to go!

Just $260!!!

Customer service should show up in the dictionary with a photo of Dennis next to it! I ordered my rearsets expecting to get them in 1 week, and they showed up 2 days later. I had a few questions, and Dennis jumped on the phone to walk me through everything! I emailed him photos, and he returned them within a matter of minutes photoshopped with my next steps. I have yet to run in to customer service like this anywhere!

If you're looking for a good price on a good quality set, and amazing customer service this is the way to go!!!

So enough rambling....here are a few shots I took with my iphone.

·
i want 2 ride......NOW!
361 Posts
soooooo SEXY!!!!!!

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
question what is the point in new rearsets? (they look amazing btw) think im going to get some. are they adjustable or what?
Most of the time you really only need aftermarket adjustable rearsets if you're going to be tracking it. That's ideal at least. Otherwise they are just adjustable, makes for a more comfortable ride and often allows you to switch shift patterns.. not that you can't with a rod or a bike 06+ I think. Also, if you lay the bike down the pegs are easily replaced.. I've seen all sorts of people on here looking for OEM rearsets and accessories for it. Kinda hard to find

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Looks like you took my recommendation and copped some BR rearsets. Told ya they were top notch quality with good service. Glad you like them. Good folks down there at BR.:fact

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Most of the time you really only need aftermarket adjustable rearsets if you're going to be tracking it. That's ideal at least. Otherwise they are just adjustable, makes for a more comfortable ride and often allows you to switch shift patterns.. not that you can't with a rod or a bike 06+ I think. Also, if you lay the bike down the pegs are easily replaced.. I've seen all sorts of people on here looking for OEM rearsets and accessories for it. Kinda hard to find
+1.

I don't hit the track now, but looking forward to it next year. They really feel so much more comfortable then stock because you can adjust it exactly to the fit you want.

·
2008 R6
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too bad the gold doesn't match the forks.... Then again, no "gold" aftermarket products do. Looks good IMO
Lol, search my posts and you'll see how bad I was looking for something to match exactly...this is the closest I could get but I'm happy.

To answer your question on the cowl, it's yamaha. Dormant is perfect. Had a Targa that literally popped off while riding...didn't work out for me to say the least lol.

·
Riding his own ride...
4,639 Posts
Most on the street do it for looks. On the track it's for better clearance in the corners and to adjust them to where you want.

Guys on the street or track though can benefit from the comfort. If the oem ones are not at an idle height for you then by adjusting them and being more comfortable it can make you concentrate more on your riding making you not only quicker (at the track) but safer (on the street). There are surely performance and comfort reasons on the street to get them, however, most on the street do it for looks. The solid pegs on aftermarket rearsets also give a feeling of more stability while riding compared to most oem folding pegs. Also most aftermarket rearsets are more stable and have no flex. along with a smoother action then oem as they are dual bearing.

question what is the point in new rearsets? (they look amazing btw) think im going to get some. are they adjustable or what?

·
NCSportbikes.com
701 Posts
Shit... For $260, those will be my next mod! If I can pick those up at that price, no way in hell I'm paying $450 or more for a different more popular brand...

Thanks for the idea man! Looking good!

·
Worry About The Addiction
230 Posts
Shit... For $260, those will be my next mod! If I can pick those up at that price, no way in hell I'm paying $450 or more for a different more popular brand...

Thanks for the idea man! Looking good!
:werd

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.