Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I named my dog Rossi.
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone throw on some new brake pads right before a track day? Results? I need to throw on some double H up front and organic in the back with no bed-in time before my track day. Bad idea?

·
Premium Member
17,970 Posts
ride around the paddock with the lever pressed a bit, then take it easy for the first session or two...

It's normal, think about all the race bikes that never see street, they are broken in at the track.

·
Premium Member
30,470 Posts
rode my RJL's like a cheap whore the first session i had em on there. didn't do any bedding in or whatever. 2 years later, they're just now starting to give out on me. :( i'm a brake whore - used and abused. i've been thrilled. now onto bigger and better things. ferodo XRAC pads. :D

·
Parts Pimp
26,473 Posts
ride around the paddock with the lever pressed a bit, then take it easy for the first session or two...

It's normal, think about all the race bikes that never see street, they are broken in at the track.
This is what I did at lightning when we went with the ferodo xracs. U saw me killin the brakes from 150 down to 70 for turn 1. It doesn't take much to bed em in. :fact

·
Registered
150 Posts
broke in ebc hh pads on my r6 at thunderhill and they worked beautifully, i just worked em good the first few laps and then abused em the rest of the day and they were great, you'll be fine

·
Make good choices.
2,808 Posts
Anyone throw on some new brake pads right before a track day? Results? I need to throw on some double H up front and organic in the back with no bed-in time before my track day. Bad idea?
Unless it's completely to the backing and needs to be changed anyway, don't bother replacing your rear brake pad for the track; you wont be using it.

·
Track Only!
1,550 Posts
Unless it's completely to the backing and needs to be changed anyway, don't bother replacing your rear brake pad for the track; you wont be using it.
+1

I still have factory brake pads on my rear. Never use your rear brake on track except for running off track in grass

1 - 11 of 11 Posts